Hey stranger! you dont have to be one here - Create a Naijapals account or Login to post comments on all stories! | Txt NCG to 700 for updates to your phone (MTN Nigeria Only)

Akwa-Ibom State Has The Highest HIV/AIDS Infection Rate In Nigeria

[1] 2 3 4 ... 37
Topic: Akwa-Ibom State Has The Highest HIV/AIDS Infection Rate In Nigeria (Read 47490 times)
aishatua1 (714)
Upcoming (f) | 2 years ago

600,000 persons live with HIV/AIDS in Benue



BY PETER DURU
 


MAKURDI – The Benue State Commissioner for Health and Social Services, Dr. Oduen Abunku, has disclosed that over 600,000 persons are currently living with the dreaded HIV/AIDS in the state.
 
Abunku lamented that skyrocketing figure had left the state on the top of chart of available statistics of the most endemic states in the federation.
 
The Commissioner, who spoke at the joint Memorandum of Understanding, MoU, signing ceremony between the Benue State Government, the NKST Health Services and the Nigeria Indigenous Capacity Building Project, regretted that HIV/AIDS infestation in the state was destroying and eroding the state’s capacity in the food and agriculture.
 
He said: “In Nigeria, Benue State has for many years topped the chart of the prevalence of HIV/AIDS with over 600,000 persons living with the virus in the state.
 
“The virus is destroying our farms, schools and churches and that is why we will continue to partner organisations who are providing services to the infected and affected in the state.”
 
He called on all development partners in the current war against the virus in the state to redouble their efforts at curbing the prevalence of the virus in the state.
 
In his remarks, Governor Gabriel Suswam, who was represented by the Secretary to the State Government, SSG, Dr. David Salifu, said his administration would continue to partner relevant agencies and international partners to ensure that the scourge of AIDS in the state was effectively checked.
 
Suswam, who disclosed that at the inception of his administration, the state had only one HIV/AIDS treatment centre, however, noted that his administration had established 20 more centres for the benefit of the infected.
 
The governor urged the people of the state to put aside their socio-political differences and join forces against the virus in the state, adding: “We must put aside our socio-political differences and stand up against the virus, so that our people will be able to lead a normal live.”

how many people are left in Benue?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/600000-persons-live-with-hivaids-in-benue/


edo should be number one . Lips Sealed


29 Jun 12, 06:58 AM
winace (18872)
Hero (f) | 2 years ago

Who did d census and why are u picking on a particular state. Am not from edo state but i can see u want people to cum and insult themselves here. Its wrong.

29 Jun 12, 07:31 AM
aishatua1 (714)
Upcoming (f) | 2 years ago

Quote from: winace on 29 Jun 12, 07:31 AM
Who did d census and why are u picking on a particular state. Am not from edo state but i can see u want people to cum and insult themselves here. Its wrong.


i am just joking.. Grin the numbers always have akwa ibom and benue state on top.
this was done early this year.. Cool

29 Jun 12, 07:36 AM
SHAGASHA (305)
Upcoming (m) | 2 years ago

ok

29 Jun 12, 08:18 AM
jamesbondchick (3723)
Gistmaniac (f) | 2 years ago

 Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry


29 Jun 12, 08:36 AM
Solidstonez (37782)
Addicted Hero (f) | 2 years ago

Quote from: winace on 29 Jun 12, 07:31 AM
Who did d census and why are u picking on a particular state. Am not from edo state but i can see u want people to cum and insult themselves here. Its wrong.
THANK YOU SISTER, IS THE HATRED THEY HAVE FOR OTHER TRIBE THAT WILL KILL THEM ,NOW THEY CAN SEE
FOR THEMSELVES EVEN THEIR OWN STATE HAVE MORE HIV.........YOU KNOW YOURSELF  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin



29 Jun 12, 08:37 AM
Solidstonez (37782)
Addicted Hero (f) | 2 years ago

Quote from: aishatua1 on 29 Jun 12, 06:58 AM
600,000 persons live with HIV/AIDS in Benue


BY PETER DURU
 
MAKURDI – The Benue State Commissioner for Health and Social Services, Dr. Oduen Abunku, has disclosed that over 600,000 persons are currently living with the dreaded HIV/AIDS in the state.
 
Abunku lamented that skyrocketing figure had left the state on the top of chart of available statistics of the most endemic states in the federation.
 
The Commissioner, who spoke at the joint Memorandum of Understanding, MoU, signing ceremony between the Benue State Government, the NKST Health Services and the Nigeria Indigenous Capacity Building Project, regretted that HIV/AIDS infestation in the state was destroying and eroding the state’s capacity in the food and agriculture.
 
He said: “In Nigeria, Benue State has for many years topped the chart of the prevalence of HIV/AIDS with over 600,000 persons living with the virus in the state.
 
“The virus is destroying our farms, schools and churches and that is why we will continue to partner organisations who are providing services to the infected and affected in the state.”
 
He called on all development partners in the current war against the virus in the state to redouble their efforts at curbing the prevalence of the virus in the state.
 
In his remarks, Governor Gabriel Suswam, who was represented by the Secretary to the State Government, SSG, Dr. David Salifu, said his administration would continue to partner relevant agencies and international partners to ensure that the scourge of AIDS in the state was effectively checked.
 
Suswam, who disclosed that at the inception of his administration, the state had only one HIV/AIDS treatment centre, however, noted that his administration had established 20 more centres for the benefit of the infected.
 
The governor urged the people of the state to put aside their socio-political differences and join forces against the virus in the state, adding: “We must put aside our socio-political differences and stand up against the virus, so that our people will be able to lead a normal live.”

how many people are left in Benue?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/600000-persons-live-with-hivaids-in-benue/


edo should be number one . Lips Sealed

POSTER YOUR VERY STUPID , YOU WILL DIE COZ OF EDO STATE IF YOU DONT BACK OFF FROM THE WORD EDO
MAY YOU ALL NEVER FIND PEACE THOSE THAT HAVE HATRED FOR EDO YOU WILL DIE PREMATURE DEAD AMEN



29 Jun 12, 08:45 AM
franklinus1 (231)
Upcoming (m) | 2 years ago

Nawo ooo for HIV people self. make una try to the protect una self naa abi.

29 Jun 12, 08:46 AM
Solidstonez (37782)
Addicted Hero (f) | 2 years ago

Quote from: Solidstonez on 29 Jun 12, 08:45 AM
POSTER YOUR VERY STUPID , YOU WILL DIE COZ OF EDO STATE IF YOU DONT BACK OFF FROM THE WORD EDO
MAY YOU ALL NEVER FIND PEACE THOSE THAT HAVE HATRED FOR EDO YOU WILL DIE PREMATURE DEAD AMEN

POSTER YOUR VERY STUPID , YOU WILL DIE COZ OF EDO STATE IF YOU DONT BACK OFF FROM THE WORD EDO
MAY YOU ALL NEVER FIND PEACE THOSE THAT HAVE HATRED FOR EDO YOU WILL DIE PREMATURE DEAD AMEN



29 Jun 12, 08:48 AM
Solidstonez (37782)
Addicted Hero (f) | 2 years ago

Quote from: aishatua1 on 29 Jun 12, 07:36 AM

i am just joking.. Grin the numbers always have akwa ibom and benue state on top.
this was done early this year.. Cool
YOU ARE YOU JOKIN WITH? YOU STUPID FOOL, THIS IS HOW YOU PPL STEREOTYPE A STATE COZ OF FEW
BAD EGGS YOU ENJOY YOURSELF WHEN PPL RAIN INSULT ON THEMSELVES HERE GO AND KILL YOURSELF
MOTHERphyukER Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry



29 Jun 12, 08:53 AM
richi192 (2484)
Gistmaniac (f) | 2 years ago

 Shocked Shocked Shocked


29 Jun 12, 09:00 AM
bosspopper (32)
Newbie (m) | 2 years ago

Quote from: Solidstonez on 29 Jun 12, 08:53 AM
YOU ARE YOU JOKIN WITH? YOU STUPID FOOL, THIS IS HOW YOU PPL STEREOTYPE A STATE COZ OF FEW
BAD EGGS YOU ENJOY YOURSELF WHEN PPL RAIN INSULT ON THEMSELVES HERE GO AND KILL YOURSELF
MOTHERfcukER Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

  Solidstonez why don't you take it easy, is it only Edo state that was listed here what do you want people from Benue, Akwa-ibom or Nassarawa to say.... stop cursing plzzzzzz

29 Jun 12, 09:17 AM
Lekan22 (6378)
Gistmaniac (m) | 2 years ago

ok

29 Jun 12, 09:19 AM
proly (10326)
Hero (f) | 2 years ago

nawaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hiv is real him no dey show 4 face

29 Jun 12, 09:28 AM
Solidstonez (37782)
Addicted Hero (f) | 2 years ago

Quote from: bosspopper on 29 Jun 12, 09:17 AM
  Solidstonez why don't you take it easy, is it only Edo state that was listed here what do you want people from Benue, Akwa-ibom or Nassarawa to say.... stop cursing plzzzzzz
WHY WILL THE POSTER SAY EDO STATE SHOULD HAVE BEEN NUMBER ONE? GO AND READ AGAIN
WHAT IS SHE CALLING FOR? WHY DO WE HATE OURSELVES? AND WE SAY ONE NIGERIA? IS NOT SO...
I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY BUT I HEAR YOU



29 Jun 12, 09:31 AM
Adego1 (540)
Upcoming (m) | 2 years ago

Benue people I hail una

29 Jun 12, 09:33 AM
denmal (3250)
Gistmaniac (m) | 2 years ago

ha easy

29 Jun 12, 09:46 AM
Regenesis (582)
Upcoming (f) | 2 years ago

Hmm...


29 Jun 12, 09:52 AM
Simon-Zeletus (1133)
Gistmaniac (m) | 2 years ago

The Health Minister maid a mistake because everybody knows the number one state

29 Jun 12, 10:00 AM
moriztuos (2172)
Gistmaniac (m) | 2 years ago

Poster you shld learn how to open your sh*t mouth n say things @times....you started well but ended up rather foolishly n inmature

29 Jun 12, 10:03 AM
[1] 2 3 4 ... 37

Login To Reply



Jump to: