Tragedy As Tenant Dies After Candle Lit By Landlord Son Burnt 2 Storey Building In Lagos

at 10:14 AM, 13 Sep 17 (2 months ago)
(1852 | Gistmaniac) (m)

A tenant was burnt to death yesterday while a landlord’s son was injured during a morning inferno, which gutted a house at the Somolu area of Lagos State. The fire, which ravaged a storey-building, started about 1a.m. from the first floor, where the landlord’s son’s apartment is located.
The landlord’s son, Abiola, was said to have lit a candle and fell asleep. Unfortunately, the candle fell on the rug in his apartment.
The rug caught fire which spread to other apartments. The tenant, identified simply as Al-Wajud, was said to be drunk before going to bed and thus, was deep in his sleep when the fire started. He died before he could be rushed to the hospital.

The incident, which happened at House 4, Akinrinlo Street, threw occupants and members of the community into mourning.
One of the victims, who identified himself simply as Adebolawe, said: “We were sleeping about 1a.m. when we heard a loud sound from the roof of the building. “Immediately we heard the sound, every tenant in the house rushed out only to see flame on the roof of the building.
We started running around, looking for water to put out the fire. While we were looking for water, my wife was struggling to rescue the children and to savage some of our property. Unfortunately we couldn’t bring out anything. Fire consumed everything.”
Another victim, Mr. Akeem Ismaila, said: “The fire destroyed all I have laboured for in life. It was a terrible situation; right now, I don’t know where to start from.
Even my wife’s money, which she was supposed to use to stock her shop, was burnt to ashes. My children wouldn’t be able to go to school as their uniform and school materials were all burnt.
“Government should come to our aid. This is not the first time the building would go up in flames; two years ago, the building caught fire but was later rebuilt. This is another fire.” Firefighters were said to have arrived the scene about 3a.m., after the fire had burnt down the whole building.

ruthie at 10:33 AM, 13 Sep 17 (2 months ago)
(9413 | Hero) (f)
NAWA O...WHO STILL DEY USE CANDLE ...RIP
Reply
Oworen25 at 10:38 AM, 13 Sep 17 (2 months ago)
(12291 | Hero) (m)
Thats why people need to be very careful
Reply
Floyd29 at 12:17 PM, 13 Sep 17 (2 months ago)
(2172 | Gistmaniac) (f)
What kind of sad sad story?
Reply
ejikeiyo at 04:33 PM, 13 Sep 17 (2 months ago)
(1290 | Gistmaniac) (m)
WASTED GENERATION
Reply
Oworen25 at 09:54 AM, 14 Sep 17 (2 months ago)
(12291 | Hero) (m)
Too bad to hear
Reply
yawa_don_gas at 05:14 AM, 16 Sep 17 (2 months ago)
(30700 | Addicted Hero) (m)
Please please hold on, why e be say everywhere I take even when I wan hide yawa dey there?
Why why?
Na yawa life, yawa goes on
Reply

LATEST COMMENTS

  1. james987 on: JUST IN! Angry Owerri Youths Brings Down Newly Erected N530M Jacob Zuma's Statue In Owerri (Phot
    Cool... 3 mins ago ago
  2. abati666 on: JUST IN! Angry Owerri Youths Brings Down Newly Erected N530M Jacob Zuma's Statue In Owerri (Phot
    MY FELLOW NIGERIANS.......WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT ZUMA.......HIM TURN DE COME JUST LIKE MUGABE TURN D... 4 mins ago ago
  3. james987 on: DMW Boss, Davido Buys Iphone X For All His Crew Members Ahead Of His 25th Birthday (Photos/Video
    Nice one... 5 mins ago ago
  4. abati666 on: Mr. P Wishes His Twin Brother, Paul Rudeboy Of Psquare A Happy Birthday Today - Photos
    MY FELLOW NIGERIANS.......SEE ME SEE TROUBLE ONA TEENAGE MUTANT TURTLES WE DE SEE....HA HA HAGUYS YO... 8 mins ago ago
  5. blowout on: ANAMBRA ELECTION: Juju Planted At Polling Unit to Stop Voting (Photos)
    rubbish... 11 mins ago ago

November Leaders

BournIdentity(1246) - kixme(613) - ruthie(374) - kacylee(364) - gogoman(258) - felicilin(226) - benosky4(196) - james987(138) - bohlah(108) - clarajancita(94) - xspraise(90) - fineboy77(86) - Glory07(84) - kaposky(72) - Wazubia(67) - victorstic1(64) - ehudomalt(61) - ItaloBigBoSs(58) - Dramaking(57) - osarobo62(55) -