Writer, Chimamanda Adichie Reveals How She Was Molested At Age 17 By A Wealthy Man

at 10:44 AM, 19/04/2018 (1 month ago)
(5907 | Gistmaniac) (f)

Nigerian writer, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has revealed that she was sexually assaulted at the age of 17 by a big man in the media in Lagos, Nigeria.
The writer made this revelation during an address at the just concluded Stockholm Forum for Gender Equality.

While delivering the closing keynote address, Chimamanda told of how she had taken a book of poems she wrote to a “big man in the media” so he could support her in making the book go public, instead, he sexually assaulted her.
She said he was friendly at first and impressed that someone her age had written a book. But the man soon came to her, slipped his hand under her shirt and bra, then squeezed her Bosom . She said she was so taken aback that she did nothing for seconds, then she pushed his hand away “gently”.
She said:
I was so taken aback that I did nothing for seconds. Then, I pushed his hand away, but gently, nicely, because I didn’t want to offend him.
Later that day, I broke into a rash on my chest, my neck, my face, as though my body were recoiling, as though my body were saying what my lips had not said.
I felt a deep loathing for that man and for what he did. I felt as if I didn’t matter, as if my body existed merely as a thing to be done with as he wanted. Yet, I told no one about it. And I kept talking to him, being polite, hoping he will help with my book.
Watch her make the revelation in the video below, starting from the 3:44:08 mark.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbEhQ7_tQ2Q" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbEhQ7_tQ2Q</a>
fineboy77 at 11:24 AM, 19/04/2018 (1 month ago)
(6385 | Gistmaniac) (m)
Made up..........,Story for the gods
Reply
EDDYPRINCE at 11:33 AM, 19/04/2018 (1 month ago)
(27921 | Addicted Hero) (m)
story for the gods
Reply
celebritygee at 11:45 AM, 19/04/2018 (1 month ago)
(520 | Upcoming) (m)
Na true I dey there
Reply
ruthie at 11:49 AM, 19/04/2018 (1 month ago)
(16470 | Hero) (f)
only idiots will say she made this up...dead brains everywhere on this blog
Reply
Wazubia at 12:01 PM, 19/04/2018 (1 month ago)
(3907 | Gistmaniac) (m)
It maybe be truth. But the most important thing is that she have focus.
She wasn't distract by the incident.
Reply
fineboy77 at 12:36 PM, 19/04/2018 (1 month ago)
(6385 | Gistmaniac) (m)
Quote from: ruthie on 11:49 AM, 19/04/2018
only idiots will say she made this up...dead brains everywhere on this blog
says the fat cow wey dey when e happen
Reply
galaxyzeus02 at 03:00 PM, 19/04/2018 (1 month ago)
(35 | Newbie) (m)
Without mincing words. This is an attempt to rob Peter to Pay Paul. This is like Kettle calling the Pot black. She must be stupid for coming on air to say this? what else was she expecting to get here in a country like Nigeria and why approached a Rich man in the first place? She must as well be a good thief to know a thief for keeping a eye on the pause string of he who pays the piper plays the tune. With all her international award and accolades, how well has she affected the life of Nigerians with her talent? She is just another greedy "jeun jeun" only looking for her greener pastures and daily bread and really don't care about touching any Nigerian life. Another thief begging for Novelty in the chronicles of time.
Reply
fineboy77 at 03:20 PM, 19/04/2018 (1 month ago)
(6385 | Gistmaniac) (m)
Quote from: galaxyzeus02 on 03:00 PM, 19/04/2018
Without mincing words. This is an attempt to rob Peter to Pay Paul. This is like Kettle calling the Pot black. She must be stupid for coming on air to say this? what else was she expecting to get here in a country like Nigeria and why approached a Rich man in the first place? She must as well be a good thief to know a thief for keeping a eye on the pause string of he who pays the piper plays the tune. With all her international award and accolades, how well has she affected the life of Nigerians with her talent? She is just another greedy "jeun jeun" only looking for her greener pastures and daily bread and really don't care about touching any Nigerian life. Another thief begging for Novelty in the chronicles of time.
You are right bro...,she is a good scriptwriter,so i wont be surprised if she is an even better drama queen
Reply
ruthie at 04:19 PM, 19/04/2018 (1 month ago)
(16470 | Hero) (f)
says the  pig who does nothing but lazy around in his briefs all day on his computer.
Quote from: fineboy77 on 12:36 PM, 19/04/2018
says the fat cow wey dey when e happen
Reply
gogoman at 06:19 PM, 19/04/2018 (1 month ago)
(31708 | Addicted Hero) (m)
big man love bosom  
Reply
slimber at 07:14 PM, 19/04/2018 (1 month ago)
(7177 | Gistmaniac) (f)
Okoooo
Reply
fineboy77 at 02:07 PM, 20/04/2018 (1 month ago)
(6385 | Gistmaniac) (m)
Quote from: ruthie on 04:19 PM, 19/04/2018
says the  pig who does nothing but lazy around in his briefs all day on his computer.
look at the smelly being talking. I am on holidays baby,thats what you get when you are successful. I've got time on my hands,better go look for your customers,time waits for no one especially aging ladies like you.
Reply
ruthie at 02:22 PM, 20/04/2018 (1 month ago)
(16470 | Hero) (f)
HOLIDAYS HAHA...YOU WISH....SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE DONT HAVE TIME FOR GISTMANIA AND OTHER RUBBISH YOU ENGAGE YOUR LUDICROUS SELF IN.... FOOL TALKING LIKE HE AINT AGING ALSO.....THIS IS COMING FROM THE SUPPOSED CIVILIZED ONE...U A R BIG JOKE.
Quote from: fineboy77 on 02:07 PM, 20/04/2018
look at the smelly being talking. I am on holidays baby,thats what you get when you are successful. I've got time on my hands,better go look for your customers,time waits for no one especially aging ladies like you.
Reply
fineboy77 at 03:05 PM, 20/04/2018 (1 month ago)
(6385 | Gistmaniac) (m)
Quote from: ruthie on 02:22 PM, 20/04/2018
HOLIDAYS HAHA...YOU WISH....SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE DONT HAVE TIME FOR GISTMANIA AND OTHER RUBBISH YOU ENGAGE YOUR LUDICROUS SELF IN.... FOOL TALKING LIKE HE AINT AGING ALSO.....THIS IS COMING FROM THE SUPPOSED CIVILIZED ONE...U A R BIG JOKE.
SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE DONT HAVE TIME FOR GISTMANIA AND OTHER RUBBISH YOU ENGAGE YOUR LUDICROUS SELF IN....,thats epic reading how you talk about yourself. I am on and off on this blog,but this month,I've got time for this,but here is about the only place you could be popular,because you spend basically all your life here. You dont know me and though you have tried so many times,basically begging me to show you my pictures,I wont,because if not for this online stuff,i cant be seen with your type,your class is low,believe me. In real life,you cant cross my path,you can only see me from a distance and you will put yourself down to your level.
Reply

LATEST COMMENTS

  1. nonsovin on: Nigerian Singer, Yemi Alade Throws Tantrums At Social Media Beggars
    [quote author=kaposky link=topic=359146.msg5457048#msg5457048 date=1527432630]GBAM, U NO SAY THE HER... 56 mins ago ago
  2. james987 on: Kemi Olunloyo Begs Hushpuppi For Money After He Came To Her Defense Over Linda Ikeji (Photos)
    Where her family dey? The! No fit bundle her go hospital?... 1 hr ago ago
  3. maxzy277 on: Angry Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception. Reason Will Shock You.. (Photo)
    You should always obey the rules and regulations ... 2 hrs ago ago
  4. ficull on: Nigeria's No. 1 Relationship Expert, Amara Blessing Nwosu Celebrates Her Third Marriage (Photos)
    3 marriage? Says a lot about her “relationship expertise ”. ... 2 hrs ago ago
  5. ficull on: IDOLATRY! Outrage Sparked As Man Kneels Before Senator Godswill Akpabio In Akwa Ibom State (Phot
    My people are mentally defeated by our politicians. So sad... 2 hrs ago ago