Half Congolese Olympians Missing Officials Included /Cameroonians Plead to Stay

Date: 14-08-2012 5:09 am (9 years ago) | Author: Tony Ladipo
[1] 2
- at 14-08-2012 05:09 AM (9 years ago)
(m)
And now the race to be first to claim asylum: Four members of Congo's Olympic team go missing as five Cameroon boxers plead to stay in Britain

By David Williams and Louise Eccles Daily Mail
PUBLISHED: 12:42 GMT, 13 August 2012
Four members of Congo’s Olympic team were said to have gone missing in London yesterday as thousands of their fellow London 2012 athletes and officials flew home. Their disappearance took the number of African athletes and delegates attending London 2012 who have vanished from their camps or sought political asylum in Britain to 15. Immigration officials expect that number to increase sharply when athletes’ special London 2012 visas expire in November.



A UN-run radio station in Congo said Cedric Mandembo, who competed for the central African country in judo, disappeared after the closing ceremony and has not been reachable on his mobile phone. He lost his match after 49 seconds and is said to have left the Olympic Village without saying where he was going. He had been due to fly home last night. Congo judo coach Ibula Masengo, boxing trainer Blaise Bekwa, and national technical director of athletics Guy Nkita had also gone missing, it was claimed. They too were said to have left the Olympic Village with their luggage. The Home Office declined to comment on the individual cases. Congo team officials were ‘out of contact’ returning home while no one was available for comment at the country’s London embassy. The disappearances come at a hugely sensitive time for the Government after the success of the Olympics and with the Paralympics due to begin in two weeks.
It follows fears from immigration staff that up to 2 per cent of Olympic visitors from some continents may claim refuge in the UK in the months after the Games.
Authorities in Cameroon, which is regarded as one of the more stable countries in Africa, have accused the boxers of wanting to be economic migrants and say they should have returned home with other athletes. But the Olympians, who absconded from their Stratford, East London village last week, told the BBC they had been threatened and wanted a sponsor to help them stay in Britain
Full story @ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2187663/And-race-to-claim-asylum-Four-members-Congos-Olympic-team-missing-Cameroon-boxers-plead-stay-Britain.html#ixzz23UCmalVO

Posted: at 14-08-2012 05:09 AM (9 years ago) | Gistmaniac
- papadip at 14-08-2012 05:31 AM (9 years ago)
(m)
Quote from: papadip on 14-08-2012 05:09 AM
And now the race to be first to claim asylum: Four members of Congo's Olympic team go missing as five Cameroon boxers plead to stay in Britain

By David Williams and Louise Eccles Daily Mail
PUBLISHED: 12:42 GMT, 13 August 2012
Four members of Congo’s Olympic team were said to have gone missing in London yesterday as thousands of their fellow London 2012 athletes and officials flew home. Their disappearance took the number of African athletes and delegates attending London 2012 who have vanished from their camps or sought political asylum in Britain to 15. Immigration officials expect that number to increase sharply when athletes’ special London 2012 visas expire in November
A UN-run radio station in Congo said Cedric Mandembo, who competed for the central African country in judo, disappeared after the closing ceremony and has not been reachable on his mobile phone. He lost his match after 49 seconds and is said to have left the Olympic Village without saying where he was going. He had been due to fly home last night. Congo judo coach Ibula Masengo, boxing trainer Blaise Bekwa, and national technical director of athletics Guy Nkita had also gone missing, it was claimed. They too were said to have left the Olympic Village with their luggage. The Home Office declined to comment on the individual cases. Congo team officials were ‘out of contact’ returning home while no one was available for comment at the country’s London embassy. The disappearances come at a hugely sensitive time for the Government after the success of the Olympics and with the Paralympics due to begin in two weeks.
It follows fears from immigration staff that up to 2 per cent of Olympic visitors from some continents may claim refuge in the UK in the months after the Games.
Authorities in Cameroon, which is regarded as one of the more stable countries in Africa, have accused the boxers of wanting to be economic migrants and say they should have returned home with other athletes. But the Olympians, who absconded from their Stratford, East London village last week, told the BBC they had been threatened and wanted a sponsor to help them stay in Britain
Full story @ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2187663/And-race-to-claim-asylum-Four-members-Congos-Olympic-team-missing-Cameroon-boxers-plead-stay-Britain.html#ixzz23UCmalVO

I did not add the Cameroonian cartoon. Moderator how did it get in there? Nice cartoon though
Posted: at 14-08-2012 05:31 AM (9 years ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- NIggerc at 14-08-2012 06:33 AM (9 years ago)
(m)
 Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?
Posted: at 14-08-2012 06:33 AM (9 years ago) | Newbie
Reply
- lanudja at 14-08-2012 08:25 AM (9 years ago)
(f)
Hustler must to survive... Grin Grin
Posted: at 14-08-2012 08:25 AM (9 years ago) | Hero
Reply
- Neglito at 14-08-2012 08:40 AM (9 years ago)
(m)
Opportunity comes but once. I no blame them sha.
Posted: at 14-08-2012 08:40 AM (9 years ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- verah at 14-08-2012 09:24 AM (9 years ago)
(f)
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy lol

Posted: at 14-08-2012 09:24 AM (9 years ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- Solidstonez at 14-08-2012 09:33 AM (9 years ago)
(f)
hmmmmmmmmm

Posted: at 14-08-2012 09:33 AM (9 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- onlyGodknows at 14-08-2012 10:01 AM (9 years ago)
(m)
Hope our Nigerian contigents are back, safe, sound and medaless.
Posted: at 14-08-2012 10:01 AM (9 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- rolifaith at 14-08-2012 11:28 AM (9 years ago)
(f)
lol, they have dreaming of London for the past 4years and here they are. hehehe
Posted: at 14-08-2012 11:28 AM (9 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- verah at 14-08-2012 11:29 AM (9 years ago)
(f)
Quote from: lanudja on 14-08-2012 08:25 AM
Hustler must to survive... Grin Grin
Cheesy Cheesy

Posted: at 14-08-2012 11:29 AM (9 years ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- Idbabe at 14-08-2012 12:49 PM (9 years ago)
(f)
Quote from: onlyGodknows on 14-08-2012 10:01 AM
Hope our Nigerian contigents are back, safe, sound and medaless.

Yes they are back
Posted: at 14-08-2012 12:49 PM (9 years ago) | Hero
Reply
- jessymic at 14-08-2012 01:13 PM (9 years ago)
(f)
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Posted: at 14-08-2012 01:13 PM (9 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- Xthyluv at 14-08-2012 01:48 PM (9 years ago)
(f)
I no blame dem sha na condition make crafish bend
Posted: at 14-08-2012 01:48 PM (9 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- pheleaz at 14-08-2012 02:13 PM (9 years ago)
(m)
Una too much! 
Posted: at 14-08-2012 02:13 PM (9 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- Solidstonez at 14-08-2012 02:29 PM (9 years ago)
(f)
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Posted: at 14-08-2012 02:29 PM (9 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- Solidstonez at 14-08-2012 02:29 PM (9 years ago)
(f)
Quote from: Xthyluv on 14-08-2012 01:48 PM
I no blame dem sha na condition make crafish bend

 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Posted: at 14-08-2012 02:29 PM (9 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- annastacie at 14-08-2012 03:21 PM (9 years ago)
(f)
Quote from: Neglito on 14-08-2012 08:40 AM
Opportunity comes but once. I no blame them sha.
 if na u nko wetin you go do   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Posted: at 14-08-2012 03:21 PM (9 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- Amor1444 at 14-08-2012 04:20 PM (9 years ago)
(m)
50/50
Posted: at 14-08-2012 04:20 PM (9 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- aso4life1 at 14-08-2012 05:21 PM (9 years ago)
(m)
see poverty in display

Posted: at 14-08-2012 05:21 PM (9 years ago) | Hero
Reply
- Senegal at 14-08-2012 07:59 PM (9 years ago)
(m)
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Posted: at 14-08-2012 07:59 PM (9 years ago) | Hero
Reply
[1] 2

fire TRENDING GISTS fire

TODAY'S TOP
  1. VIDEO: Singer Kizz Daniel Apologises, Announces Free Show In Tanzania

  2. Kidnappers Storm Lagos Shop Abduct Trader, Aminat Balogun, Request N10m Ransom

  3. Ghanaian President Akufo-Addo Debunks News Asking Tinubu To Give Peter Obi A Chance in 2023

  4. VIDEO: First Chartered Accountant In Nigeria, Pa Akintola Williams Turns 103

  5. 4 Feared Killed During Celebration Of 8/8 Cult Activities In Ilorin

  6. 25Yrs Old Woman, Anesthesia Sati Who Give Birth To Quadruplets Cries For Help In Plateau

  7. "One Million Compatriots Died To Keep Nigeria Together" - President Buhari Blows Hot

  8. "I'll Consider Chichi" -Fake BBN Hm, Deji Reveals How 3 Ladies Are Crushing On Him In The House

  9. Tinubu Knocks Soyinka Over Response To Pyrates Confraternity Video

  10. BBNaija Level Up! Disqualified Housemate, Beauty Breaks Down In Tears As She Apologises To Fans

  11. Women Stage Protest Over Continued Detention Of Doctor 9 Weeks After Abduction In Abia

  12. Disgruntled Man Stabs Manager At Lottery Center Over Unpaid Debt

  13. 2023: INEC Denies Accepting Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates

  14. I Was Mocked Me When I Lost My Son – Adeboye Reveals


THIS WEEK
  1. “He Slept With Church Choristers”- Uproar As Apostle Suleman’s Church Son Reveals Top Secrets

  2. Tinubu Sees Presidency As Retirement Benefits – Dino Melaye Blows Hot

  3. 2023: Obi's Popularity Among Youths Worries Atiku, Tinubu’s Camps

  4. 2023: Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Branch Of Atiku’s Movement – Reno Omokri Claims

  5. Labour Party Presidential Flagbearer, Peter Obi Meets Ex Ekiti Gov. Fayose in Lagos

  6. "African Giant But A Dwarf In Bed" – Uk Rapper, Steflon Don Trolls Burna Boy In New Post

  7. "I’ll Break You Into Pieces" – Dino Melaye Spits Fire, Lambasts Keyamo Over Attack On Atiku

  8. Those Fighting Peter Obi Don't Have Sense, Obidient Movement Not Ordinary – Catholic Priest

  9. Teenager, Hamza Yahaya Threatens To Commit Suicide If President Buhari Doesn’t Resign (Photos)

  10. How 5 ‘Money Doublers’ Engage Lady, Blessing Solomon In Marathon Sex In Guise To Make Her Rich


TOP MEMBERS: