Should every school in Nigeria be a religous school

Date: 19-05-2008 3:52 pm (15 years ago) | Author: Ekaf Eman
[1] 2
- at 19-05-2008 03:52 PM (15 years ago)
(m)
If you have schooled in Nigeria like me and you have noticed, every school in Nigeria is a religous school, the ones I know are some SO CALLED christian schools like Wellspring College and Archdeacon Brown.

I don't think they should be religious especially Secondary schools because it can lead to fight between people of different religions, that's why some muslims who came to my school were forced to do sunday school plus students who didn't want to go were forced to Angry. You can't force someone but you can advise to be burn again, even if you force him, in his mind he may still be in sin which is something that god will still not like. Plus we are forcd to wear school uniforms, I hated that, it's better that student's wear whatever they want, even if they should be some REASONABLE dress codes.
 
I think that there should be at least SOME secondary schools that have nothing to do with religon

What about you

Posted: at 19-05-2008 03:52 PM (15 years ago) | Upcoming
- Vixenx at 19-05-2008 11:26 PM (15 years ago)
(f)
I'm neutral... Cool
Posted: at 19-05-2008 11:26 PM (15 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- democrazy at 20-05-2008 11:42 AM (15 years ago)
(m)
Ok, GOD created the world and gave no religion.
Religion was created by man, as a means of governing themselves away from the laws of GOD.
The Arabs came with Islam, killed as many black people as they can, and took the rest as slaves.
The curcasians came with christianity, killed as many blacks as they can, and took the rest as slaves.

Now the black man is asking, is a christian or Islamic education good for My country?

Think again pal..........

Open your eyes.

For devil to perpetrate this sought of evil on the world, he needs to have 10% of the population loyal to him.
These 10% will decieve the rest 90% so that they are not aware what is going on.

Mass mis-education has been going on for centuries. Say No To Religion.
The only belief we need is in GOD. The only education you need is how to get possed by the holy spirit.
The only teacher you need is the 10 commandment.

Time is running out.
Posted: at 20-05-2008 11:42 AM (15 years ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- double_n at 20-05-2008 12:35 PM (15 years ago)
(m)
How can they teach us in school about humans evolving from apes(EVOLUTION) told by one died scientist called Charles Darwin when at the same time they are teaching us about the sory of Adam & Eve as our ancestors(CREATIONISM).
 
 The story of evolution can't be taught in Christian schools despite the evidence
Posted: at 20-05-2008 12:35 PM (15 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- Vixenx at 20-05-2008 01:02 PM (15 years ago)
(f)
interesting... Cool Cool
Posted: at 20-05-2008 01:02 PM (15 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- omolade at 20-05-2008 10:39 PM (15 years ago)
(f)
if they don`t do it dat way there will be more corupptions in 9ja ...........but in other way i agree
Posted: at 20-05-2008 10:39 PM (15 years ago) | Newbie
Reply
- monifere at 22-05-2008 10:03 PM (15 years ago)
(f)
With all due respect, I don't think the issue is about which religion is good or not, or which should be taught in schools.
I believe the question is whether religion (any) belongs in the schools at all.

That being said, I do not think religion belongs in the schools, or should be forced upon anyone. Religion should be a freedom of choice, not a dictation. There can be private religion educational institutions where people may "choose" to attend, but never forced to.

Well, that is my humble opinion.

Thanks,
Moni

Quote from: democrazy on 20-05-2008 11:42 AM
Ok, GOD created the world and gave no religion.
Religion was created by man, as a means of governing themselves away from the laws of GOD.
The Arabs came with Islam, killed as many black people as they can, and took the rest as slaves.
The curcasians came with christianity, killed as many blacks as they can, and took the rest as slaves.

Now the black man is asking, is a christian or Islamic education good for My country?

Think again pal..........

Open your eyes.

For devil to perpetrate this sought of evil on the world, he needs to have 10% of the population loyal to him.
These 10% will decieve the rest 90% so that they are not aware what is going on.

Mass mis-education has been going on for centuries. Say No To Religion.
The only belief we need is in GOD. The only education you need is how to get possed by the holy spirit.
The only teacher you need is the 10 commandment.

Time is running out.
Posted: at 22-05-2008 10:03 PM (15 years ago) | Newbie
Reply
- Vixenx at 22-05-2008 11:50 PM (15 years ago)
(f)
thanks..vixen x
Posted: at 22-05-2008 11:50 PM (15 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- luvinme at 23-05-2008 04:24 AM (15 years ago)
(f)
hell no.the schools are not religious yet the administrators are behaving wack what will be of the students when the schools get religious?
Posted: at 23-05-2008 04:24 AM (15 years ago) | Newbie
Reply
- khadijah at 24-05-2008 02:24 AM (15 years ago)
(f)
Quote from: myragonza on 23-05-2008 07:14 AM
i think schools should be neutral.....there shouldn't be any religon conflicts and teachers should not quote individual's religon on a situation.....every religon and its believer should be respected so that we can live in harmony....

soo true.
Posted: at 24-05-2008 02:24 AM (15 years ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- icet_platinum at 24-05-2008 02:41 AM (15 years ago)
(m)
Quote from: double_n on 19-05-2008 03:52 PM
If you have schooled in Nigeria like me and you have noticed, every school in Nigeria is a religous school, the ones I know are some SO CALLED christian schools like Wellspring College and Archdeacon Brown.

I don't think they should be religious especially Secondary schools because it can lead to fight between people of different religions, that's why some muslims who came to my school were forced to do sunday school plus students who didn't want to go were forced to Angry. You can't force someone but you can advise to be burn again, even if you force him, in his mind he may still be in sin which is something that god will still not like. Plus we are forcd to wear school uniforms, I hated that, it's better that student's wear whatever they want, even if they should be some REASONABLE dress codes.
 
I think that there should be at least SOME secondary schools that have nothing to do with religon

What about you





i really dont know...this could actually lead to some religious problems if care aint taken.
Posted: at 24-05-2008 02:41 AM (15 years ago) | Newbie
Reply
- khadijah at 25-05-2008 08:54 PM (15 years ago)
(f)
this topic needs to be moved
Posted: at 25-05-2008 08:54 PM (15 years ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- naijasun at 26-05-2008 11:03 PM (15 years ago)
(m)
Quote from: democrazy on 20-05-2008 11:42 AM
To 'democrazy',
For devil to perpetrate this sought of evil on the world, he needs to have 10% of the population loyal to him.
These 10% will decieve the rest 90% so that they are not aware what is going on.

Mass mis-education has been going on for centuries. Say No To Religion.
The only belief we need is in GOD. The only education you need is how to get possed by the holy spirit.
The only teacher you need is the 10 commandment.

Time is running out.

You must be a very intelligent person but you are showing signs of confusion.
In one breath, you said that Caucasians colonized us with their religion. Next you are advocating believing in their so-called 10 commandments! on whose side are you? How did you arrive at that 10% figure? how do you define GOD?
Personally, I am of the opinion that 'Religion' (Islam or Christianity) has done the greatest dis-service to the black man. Let us just love one another and not behave like some stupid South Africans did recently. Thank you.
Posted: at 26-05-2008 11:03 PM (15 years ago) | Newbie
Reply
- myragonza at 27-05-2008 05:36 AM (15 years ago)
(f)
Quote from: naijasun on 26-05-2008 11:03 PM
Quote from: democrazy on 20-05-2008 11:42 AM
To 'democrazy',
For devil to perpetrate this sought of evil on the world, he needs to have 10% of the population loyal to him.
These 10% will decieve the rest 90% so that they are not aware what is going on.

Mass mis-education has been going on for centuries. Say No To Religion.
The only belief we need is in GOD. The only education you need is how to get possed by the holy spirit.
The only teacher you need is the 10 commandment.

Time is running out.

You must be a very intelligent person but you are showing signs of confusion.
In one breath, you said that Caucasians colonized us with their religion. Next you are advocating believing in their so-called 10 commandments! on whose side are you? How did you arrive at that 10% figure? how do you define GOD?
Personally, I am of the opinion that 'Religion' (Islam or Christianity) has done the greatest dis-service to the black man. Let us just love one another and not behave like some stupid South Africans did recently. Thank you.



those South Africans are brainless.....u know when the muslim mosque gives out free food,they will be there queuing and when the Christians gives out free food,they will be there queuing too.....but when there is a fight,they start beating the hands that fed them...not appreciative at all....

Posted: at 27-05-2008 05:36 AM (15 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- dhayor at 27-05-2008 10:51 AM (15 years ago)
(m)
A very good topic,many points of view,some religious gurus.
Let's just be mindful of whatever comes out of our mouth.
God's knows best.
Posted: at 27-05-2008 10:51 AM (15 years ago) | Newbie
Reply
- smg at 27-05-2008 07:28 PM (15 years ago)
(m)
I DON'T THINK IT IS RIGHT...BUT, SHOULD YOU HAVE YOUR MONEY, AND YOU WAN OPEN YA SKOLL, MAKE DEM ALLOW YOU LA! MY ONLY NAG WITH THAT IS THE FEES.
Posted: at 27-05-2008 07:28 PM (15 years ago) | Newbie
Reply
- Stan at 28-05-2008 01:29 AM (15 years ago)
(m)
hell NO!!...how can d whole schl b religous..WTF!!
Posted: at 28-05-2008 01:29 AM (15 years ago) | Newbie
Reply
- shaddyb at 3-06-2008 08:27 PM (15 years ago)
(f)
how can every school in nigeria be a religous school : we go 2 school 2 av knowledge, understanding & basically 2 study wat one will become in future.   church, mosque or whatever is just a place 2 serve or 2 worship GOD. so how can dat b done ,wen school and religion are different, if dat will be done there will b discrimination. it can be done if there is no church nor mosque but thank God there is.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Posted: at 3-06-2008 08:27 PM (15 years ago) | Newbie
Reply
- bashee at 6-06-2008 11:13 AM (15 years ago)
(f)
well,to me,d issue of religion sud b demolished,ur hat is ur faith.
Posted: at 6-06-2008 11:13 AM (15 years ago) | Newbie
Reply
- sticol at 14-06-2008 03:23 AM (15 years ago)
(m)
am sure u cant go to all the skools in naija,u should talk within ur juridictions,most skools in naija focus on education,anyway i skoold in the north for a while.
Posted: at 14-06-2008 03:23 AM (15 years ago) | Newbie
Reply
[1] 2

fire TRENDING GISTS fire

TODAY'S TOP
  1. VIDEO: "You Are Driving A Ferrari Without A Hit Song" - Portable Blasts Zinoleesky

  2. Supporters Of Embattled Ex Gov. Yahaya Bello Perform Rituals To Prevent His Arrest From EFCC

  3. Punish My Abusers Within 48 Hours Or...- Student Bullied By Classmates Threatens Lead School

  4. Tunde Onakoya Gets Royal Welcome As He Lands in Nigeria After Breaking Record in Chess Marathon

  5. Actress, Peggy Ovire Reacts After Troll Said She Forced Husband Freddie Leonard To Marry Her

  6. Under The Law, Once A Father Acknowledges A Child, No Third Party Can Contest It -Lawyer Slams

  7. Bullying: "Teach Children Love, Kindness And Empathy" – Queen Atang Urges Parents

  8. Police Parade 21 Criminal Suspects In Edo

  9. Abeg Free Our Mommy of Lagos, We Need New TikTok Sounds - BBNaija's Vee Iye Speaks For Bobrisky

  10. VID: Peter Obi Replies Critics Asking Him Why He Didn't Build a School in Anambra as a Governor


THIS WEEK
  1. Davido Reveals Fate of Peruzzi And Other Signed Artistes After Dissolving DMW Record Label

  2. Abia Police Parade Suspected Criminals, Including ABSU Student Involved In Fatal Shooting

  3. Pastor, David Odeniyi Seeks Divorce After Wife Strips Him Nak3d In Front Of His Congregation

  4. 'Brand Ambassador', Phyna Calls Out Pepsi For Supplying Her Expired Drinks

  5. How Past Abia Govt Paid N107.2 Bn To Contractors For Non-existent Abia Airport & Other Projects

  6. Lady Who Was Dragged For Wearing a Racy 'Asoebi' Outfit to a Wedding Reception Breaks Silence

  7. Ex-Nigerian Customs Sole Administrator, Omlago Ango Damages Estranged Wife's Abuja Home

  8. Abia State Police Arrest Suspects Linked To Mysterious Death of 23-Yr-Old Hope Chinedu Prosper

  9. UNIPORT Lecturer Caught on Camera Pants Down, S3xually Harassing a Female Student in His Office

  10. Nollywood Actress Toyin Abraham Extends Olive Branch To Funke Akindele,Calls For Industry Unity


TOP MEMBERS: