Former CSO To GEJ Is Not Dead But He Fainted During Hunger Strike - DSS

[1] 2
at 21-07-2015 06:59PM (4 years ago)

(3756 | Gistmaniac) (m)


Above is Gordon Obua, the former Chief Security Officer to former President Jonathan. He was presented to the press this evening by the Department of State Security at their headquarters in Abuja following speculations that he died in their custody yesterday. The DSS wanted to put an end to the false report by presenting Obua to the public.

The former CSO, who has been held by the DSS since Thursday July 16th, had embarked on hunger strike to protest his detention and fainted on Sunday. He was rushed to the hospital where he was treated and discharged today. He is said to be suffering from hypertension and diabetes. There are also reports that Obua is being denied access to his lawyers and family.


juddycoil at 21-07-2015 07:15PM (4 years ago)
(1366 | Gistmaniac) (m)

some people have broken their spine cos they jump to conclusion... I have been wait for the reverse news cos i notice no other news board says he was truly dead 
Reply
papadip at 21-07-2015 07:27PM (4 years ago)
(7128 | Gistmaniac) (m)

It has been a fake story all along. Even if he fainted I can assure it was staged.
The earlier report that said he died in custody was more or less to blackmail Buhari.
Even then …..What about other prisoners that died while incarcerated did Buhari killed them?
It is no longer business as usual with this government because you’ll pay for your crimes.
Reply
Wazubia at 21-07-2015 07:43PM (4 years ago)
(5577 | Gistmaniac) (m)

I really wonder how our media's are playing with death nowadays.
Reply
steveoneal at 21-07-2015 07:43PM (4 years ago)
(3153 | Gistmaniac) Online (m)

Quote from: papadip on 21-07-2015 07:27PM
It has been a fake story all along. Even if he fainted I can assure it was staged.
The earlier report that said he died in custody was more or less to blackmail Buhari.
Even then …..What about other prisoners that died while incarcerated did Buhari killed them?
It is no longer business as usual with this government because you’ll pay for your crimes.

Thats the way it is now. let every looter be ready to dance to the music of justice. if he likes he can collapse 20 times. justice will still prevail.
Reply
luis4all at 21-07-2015 08:36PM (4 years ago)
(8 | Newbie) (m)

They are using these false news as a political  weapon to blackmail PRESIDENT BUHARI
Reply
beneno at 21-07-2015 08:38PM (4 years ago)
(25964 | Addicted Hero) (m)

oooooooh  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Reply
Activated at 21-07-2015 08:40PM (4 years ago)
(664 | Upcoming) (m)

Quote from: papadip on 21-07-2015 07:27PM
It has been a fake story all along. Even if he fainted I can assure it was staged.
The earlier report that said he died in custody was more or less to blackmail Buhari.
Even then …..What about other prisoners that died while incarcerated did Buhari killed them?
It is no longer business as usual with this government because you’ll pay for your crimes.


Dead or alive, there is evidence that he has been maltreated.
Mr Papdip, why would people that are holding him captive stage a story that will backlash on them. Your conclusions as usual don't make sense to me.

Holding someone for more than 2 days without charging home to court is "PURE" violation of human right. So Pls in no way should you support a government that does that.
Reply
osarobo62 at 21-07-2015 09:04PM (4 years ago)
(11725 | Hero) (m)

Quote from: Activated on 21-07-2015 08:40PM
Dead or alive, there is evidence that he has been maltreated.
Mr Papdip, why would people that are holding him captive stage a story that will backlash on them. Your conclusions as usual don't make sense to me.

Holding someone for more than 2 days without charging home to court is "PURE" violation of human right. So Pls in no way should you support a government that does that.

can you quote that human right regulation you are referring to?.
Reply
Activated at 21-07-2015 09:52PM (4 years ago)
(664 | Upcoming) (m)

Quote from: osarobo62 on 21-07-2015 09:04PM
can you quote that human right regulation you are referring to?.

Which human right "regulation" did you hear from my mouth.

I said "human right violation".
Ok, let me educate you on nigerian law. If you hold any person without charging him to court for more than 48 hrs it is violation of the persons right.
Reply
Solidstonez at 21-07-2015 10:45PM (4 years ago)
(37017 | Addicted Hero) (f)

Nigeria wahala , not my business

Reply
dareper at 21-07-2015 10:46PM (4 years ago)
(20605 | Addicted Hero) (m)

Hmmm
Reply
Oways at 21-07-2015 11:44PM (4 years ago)
(3888 | Gistmaniac) (m)

Big man, big trouble
Reply
kelemann at 21-07-2015 11:53PM (4 years ago)
(1026 | Gistmaniac) (m)

This Buhari thinks that he is still a military head of state. Even the Boko haram leaders that were arrested by GEJ were not treated this way.
Reply
papadip at 22-07-2015 12:04AM (4 years ago)
(7128 | Gistmaniac) (m)

Quote from: Activated on 21-07-2015 08:40PM
Dead or alive, there is evidence that he has been maltreated.
Mr Papdip, why would people that are holding him captive stage a story that will backlash on them. Your conclusions as usual don't make sense to me.

Holding someone for more than 2 days without charging home to court is "PURE" violation of human right. So Pls in no way should you support a government that does that.

I did not say DSS staged the story….it could have been anybody or group that was in his support.
The fact is it was a false report that says he died in detention.
.
Common how was he maltreated? Please explain or provide the evidence.
He was in custody in the company of his former colleagues
In his own words he said; he was treated with dignity while in detention....that was missing in this posted story.
See below:

SaharaReporters:
"I Am Alive, Hale And Hearty"- Gordon Obuah CSO To Former President Jonathan
http://saharareporters.com/2015/07/21/i-am-alive-hale-and-hearty-gordon-obuah-cso-former-president-jonathan

Punch:
The Chief Security Officer to former President Goodluck Jonathan, Gordon Obua, has dismissed reports of his death, saying he is alive and healthy.
The former CSO, who has been in the custody of his employers, the Department of State Services, for about a week,
claimed that he was being treated with dignity by the service.
Obua, who addressed journalists at the DSS headquarters in Abuja on Tuesday,
denied rumours that he had died and thanked his family members and Nigerians for their concern.
http://www.punchng.com/news/im-alive-says-jonathan-ex-cso/

Same story was also published by other Nigerian news-outlets. Are they lying?
Reply
papadip at 22-07-2015 12:13AM (4 years ago)
(7128 | Gistmaniac) (m)

Quote from: Activated on 21-07-2015 09:52PM
Which human right "regulation" did you hear from my mouth.

I said "human right violation".
Ok, let me educate you on nigerian law. If you hold any person without charging him to court for more than 48 hrs it is violation of the persons right.

Please educate us that’s what osarobo62 is asking for and that’s what we need to know meaning some references such as;
the section in the Nigerian criminal code that deals with that or the constitution for that matter.
If his rights were violated his lawyers will take it up.

Reply
papadip at 22-07-2015 12:19AM (4 years ago)
(7128 | Gistmaniac) (m)

Quote from: steveoneal on 21-07-2015 07:43PM
Thats the way it is now. let every looter be ready to dance to the music of justice. if he likes he can collapse 20 times. justice will still prevail.
Looting and corruption are not being taken serious by the followers of these criminals.
Can you imagine;  the other day someone stole seven pieces of fried meat and was given a stiff sentence.
......compared to a filthy rich politician being treated with kid's gloves?
Reply
Activated at 22-07-2015 02:03AM (4 years ago)
(664 | Upcoming) (m)

Quote from: papadip on 22-07-2015 12:04AM
I did not say DSS staged the story….it could have been anybody or group that was in his support.
The fact is it was a false report that says he died in detention.
.
Common how was he maltreated? Please explain or provide the evidence.
He was in custody in the company of his former colleagues
In his own words he said; he was treated with dignity while in detention....that was missing in this posted story.
See below:

SaharaReporters:
"I Am Alive, Hale And Hearty"- Gordon Obuah CSO To Former President Jonathan
http://saharareporters.com/2015/07/21/i-am-alive-hale-and-hearty-gordon-obuah-cso-former-president-jonathan

Punch:
The Chief Security Officer to former President Goodluck Jonathan, Gordon Obua, has dismissed reports of his death, saying he is alive and healthy.
The former CSO, who has been in the custody of his employers, the Department of State Services, for about a week,
claimed that he was being treated with dignity by the service.
Obua, who addressed journalists at the DSS headquarters in Abuja on Tuesday,
denied rumours that he had died and thanked his family members and Nigerians for their concern.
http://www.punchng.com/news/im-alive-says-jonathan-ex-cso/

Same story was also published by other Nigerian news-outlets. Are they lying?



Men your argument marvels me. You said and I quote "Even if he fainted I can assure it was staged". Now who will stage a detention inside a DSS camp - Mr. defend Myself can you answer that. Your submission is that "even if he fainted" it was staged. Now the whole fainting and staging is an action not story telling. Its funny how you try to defend your loose statements.

Now on maltreatment, let me give you earlier reports of him being maltreated ...... "Obua, detained ex-CSO to Jonathan denied drugs, food, water – Lawyer". This is on PM news http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/07/19/obua-detained-ex-cso-to-jonathan-denied-drugs-food-water-lawyer/

Onwuegbuna however said in the statement that Obua, who has been in detention since Thursday has been denied access to his drugs despite being hypertensive.

Read full story here: http://www.today.ng/news/jonathans-cso-detained-without-food-or-water/


My dear I dont open my mouth and yarn charlatan and then try to defend it like you. I make sure what I say.
Reply
Activated at 22-07-2015 02:17AM (4 years ago)
(664 | Upcoming) (m)

Quote from: papadip on 22-07-2015 12:13AM
Please educate us that’s what osarobo62 is asking for and that’s what we need to know meaning some references such as;
the section in the Nigerian criminal code that deals with that or the constitution for that matter.
If his rights were violated his lawyers will take it up.



As I said Papadip and your cohort Osarobobo. Let me educate you 'cos people are not like you that just open their mouth and spew things because talking is free on naijapals.

In answering this germane question, we refer to the provisions of
the 1999 Constitution (as amended). Section 35(4) provides that: “Any person who is arrested
or detained in accordance with sub section (1) (c) of this section shall be brought before a court
of law within a reasonable time, and if he is not tried within a period of – (a) Two months from
the date of his arrest or detention in the case of a person who is in custody or is not entitled to
bail; or (b) Three months from the date of his arrest or detention in the case of a person who has
been released on bail. He shall (without prejudice to any further proceedings that may be
brought against him) be released either unconditionally or upon such conditions as are
reasonably necessary to ensure that he appears for trial at a later date.” Section 35 (5)17 states
that; the expression “a reasonable time” means: (a) In the case of an arrest or detention in any
place where there is a court of competent jurisdiction within a radius of forty kilometers, a
period of one day; and (b) In any other case, a period of two days or such longer period as in the
circumstances may be considered by the courts to be reasonable.

Reply
jossy4reall at 22-07-2015 04:44AM (4 years ago)
(19839 | Hero) (m)

una weldone ooo

Reply
[1] 2