Nigeria, A Super Corrupt Country - British High Commissioner, Catriona Laing Revealed

Date: 29-09-2021 12:55 pm (1 month ago) | Author: Olusanya Akinrinola
- at 29-09-2021 12:55 PM (1 month ago)
(m)

The British High Commissioner in Nigeria, Catriona Laing, has said Nigeria’s major problem is corruption.

She said the country is blessed with the human and material resources needed for its desired development but was being tied down by pervasive corrupt practices.

Laing spoke when she visited the country home of former House of Representatives member, Prince Ned Nwoko, at his country home in Idumuje-Ugboko, Aniocha North Local Government area of Delta State.

The high commissioner said Nigeria has sufficient resources that should be harnessed for its future advancement in different areas of endeavours.

She said: “The tragedy of Nigeria is corruption, otherwise the country is enormously blessed with human and material resources for the needed development.”


Posted: at 29-09-2021 12:55 PM (1 month ago) | Hero
- olowoinlionsden at 29-09-2021 01:06 PM (1 month ago)
(m)
Valid Observation. To enjoy in the Corruption, you must be among those people that are running the Affairs of the Country. Little wonder someeople are dying to hold tight to the soul of the Country.
Posted: at 29-09-2021 01:06 PM (1 month ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- kima77same at 29-09-2021 03:01 PM (1 month ago)
(m)
THE SAD THING IS THAT,  THE CORRUPTS ARE SET TO CHECK THE MOST CORRUPTS
Posted: at 29-09-2021 03:01 PM (1 month ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- constigoldo at 29-09-2021 04:26 PM (1 month ago)
(f)
Truth and nothing but the truth.  I hope they will get her arrested because if it a Nigerian that said that, they will be looking for his/her head.
Posted: at 29-09-2021 04:26 PM (1 month ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- Jiiitk4 at 29-09-2021 06:14 PM (1 month ago)
(m)
Super corrupt indeed. Your country started it by corruptly amalgamating North and South together for your selfish reasons. Nigerians will never forgive the British.
Posted: at 29-09-2021 06:14 PM (1 month ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- kacylee at 29-09-2021 07:53 PM (1 month ago)
Online (f)
Nigeria is just taking some countries baby steps

Posted: at 29-09-2021 07:53 PM (1 month ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- Vesamu at 29-09-2021 08:33 PM (1 month ago)
(m)
The truth is that without Nigerians leaving corruptions behind,..Nigeria will always be behind.
Posted: at 29-09-2021 08:33 PM (1 month ago) | Newbie
Reply
- SWORDMAN at 29-09-2021 08:39 PM (1 month ago)
(m)
British should be ashamed of themselves all the countries they colonize are nothing to write home about.. king of corruption
Posted: at 29-09-2021 08:39 PM (1 month ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- gogoman at 29-09-2021 10:07 PM (1 month ago)
(m)
truth is bitter
Posted: at 29-09-2021 10:07 PM (1 month ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- olowoinlionsden at 29-09-2021 10:44 PM (1 month ago)
(m)
Quote from: constigoldo on 29-09-2021 04:26 PM
Truth and nothing but the truth.  I hope they will get her arrested because if it a Nigerian that said that, they will be looking for his/her head.
  Not a chance. She is covered by Diplomatic Immunity.
Posted: at 29-09-2021 10:44 PM (1 month ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- olowoinlionsden at 29-09-2021 10:48 PM (1 month ago)
(m)
Quote from: constigoldo on 29-09-2021 04:26 PM
Truth and nothing but the truth.  I hope they will get her arrested because if it a Nigerian that said that, they will be looking for his/her head.
   Not a chance. Diplomatic Immunity.
Posted: at 29-09-2021 10:48 PM (1 month ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- vicky987 at 30-09-2021 06:28 AM (1 month ago)
(m)
Yes Nigeria is Corrupt and British are Super corrupt as well.
Posted: at 30-09-2021 06:28 AM (1 month ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- sarki007 at 30-09-2021 10:24 AM (1 month ago)
(f)
Hmmmm, to all those standing by the rascal lady saying the obvious in our own home is just nothing short of ridiculous! Who no like enjoyment? 95% of us if given position will do exactly what is happening today! imagine all this shit happening under a former General known to have zero tolerance to indiscipline, much less corruption. We are what we are and we are the Change we need!   
Posted: at 30-09-2021 10:24 AM (1 month ago) | Newbie
Reply
- Kormeijama at 30-09-2021 10:51 AM (1 month ago)
(m)
Quote from: SWORDMAN on 29-09-2021 08:39 PM
British should be ashamed of themselves all the countries they colonize are nothing to write home about.. king of corruption
Man, this victimology thing Africans and their puppets leaders keep totting as the focal point of their endless reverse gear is mind bugging. The British leftover fifty years now, and you are still crying for toying with your development all these years. What happened to the oil boom, with more human resource power than any African country. What has outsiders and colonialism got to do with Nigeria's progress.  Have you lately checked when Malaysia and \Singapore got their ' independence'  and where they're today. This unwillingness to accept responsibility for your demise keeps these horrible leaders in power because no one dares face them with their awful records. Did the colonial powers tell Nigerians to allow Buhari to use the Presidential jet personal family matters, or where you all during the recent mega million marriage of Buhari's son. Who stopped Nigerians coming out on the streets to tell power enough of the kidnappings, banditry,  and the rest of the wahala. You see, the Thai and  Myaamans, they're still demonstrating despite thousands being killed. Africans want someone else to do their dirty and freedom work for free. Ask the children of Mayam how has the military treated them since the beginning of their revolt. A simple  SAR riot went to bed even before it started. You're all cowards and bullshhiters.
Posted: at 30-09-2021 10:51 AM (1 month ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- Kidfreshfunmi at 30-09-2021 07:29 PM (1 month ago)
(m)
Quote from: Kormeijama on 30-09-2021 10:51 AM
Man, this victimology thing Africans and their puppets leaders keep totting as the focal point of their endless reverse gear is mind bugging. The British leftover fifty years now, and you are still crying for toying with your development all these years. What happened to the oil boom, with more human resource power than any African country. What has outsiders and colonialism got to do with Nigeria's progress.  Have you lately checked when Malaysia and \Singapore got their ' independence'  and where they're today. This unwillingness to accept responsibility for your demise keeps these horrible leaders in power because no one dares face them with their awful records. Did the colonial powers tell Nigerians to allow Buhari to use the Presidential jet personal family matters, or where you all during the recent mega million marriage of Buhari's son. Who stopped Nigerians coming out on the streets to tell power enough of the kidnappings, banditry,  and the rest of the wahala. You see, the Thai and  Myaamans, they're still demonstrating despite thousands being killed. Africans want someone else to do their dirty and freedom work for free. Ask the children of Mayam how has the military treated them since the beginning of their revolt. A simple  SAR riot went to bed even before it started. You're all cowards and bullshhiters.

Totally agree! I have been saying the same thing too for the longest, over five decades of independence is no longer a valid excuse as blame for our lack of progress. And Ive also been saying another which is these white people envy our country more than we ourselves know it, we just dont value our land enough to realise it in so many ways to mention.
Posted: at 30-09-2021 07:29 PM (1 month ago) | Newbie
Reply