2 Persons Killed As Phone Light Causes Explosion In An Apartment In Akwa Ibom

Date: 21-10-2021 9:43 am (1 year ago) | Author: onuigbo felicia
- at 21-10-2021 09:43 AM (1 year ago)
(f)

No less than two persons have been killed in a gas explosion on Nwanniba Road, in the Uyo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State.

It was gathered that the incident occurred when a tenant wanted to prepare food.

According to a source, the tenant used his phone torchlight for illumination before striking a match to ignite his gas cylinder, which immediately exploded, killing him and one other person.

The source said, “The incident occurred on Wednesday, October 6. Everywhere was still dark. A 21-year-old tenant staying in a one-room apartment wanted to cook in the early hours before going to work. He lit the gas cooker, not knowing that it was leaking.

”I was staying in my room when I heard an explosion. By the time I rushed out to the room, there was thick smoke all over the room; fire was raging. No one could enter.”


The Director of the Akwa Ibom State Fire Service, Ubong Umoh, on Wednesday, said the explosion was caused by the phone torchlight.

Umoh lamented that his organisation had, on several occasions, warned users of gas cylinders against using phone torchlight when cooking.

He said, “Two persons were killed in the gas explosion and it happened because one of them was using phone light. This is what we in the fire department have been preaching against that people should not use phone light near gas cookers.”

Posted: at 21-10-2021 09:43 AM (1 year ago) | Addicted Hero
- constigoldo at 21-10-2021 10:18 AM (1 year ago)
(f)
There is conflicting report - phone touch light and leaking cylinder, which one do we take now.  All the same, people should should stop using phone touch light when cooking with gas.
Posted: at 21-10-2021 10:18 AM (1 year ago) | Hero
Reply
- Paulevery at 21-10-2021 11:33 AM (1 year ago)
(m)
2 Persons Killed As Phone Light Causes Explosion In An Apartment In Akwa Ibom
Why 2persons killed?
The numbers are too small
Next time increase it
Nonsense
Posted: at 21-10-2021 11:33 AM (1 year ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- gogoman at 21-10-2021 01:21 PM (1 year ago)
(m)
na wa oooo
Posted: at 21-10-2021 01:21 PM (1 year ago) | Grande Master
Reply
- nikiniki at 21-10-2021 02:17 PM (1 year ago)
Online (f)
Please educate me - what is the relationship between a phone light and fire?? Does phone lights causes cylinders to explode when you light the stove or was the cylinder leaking and that caused the fire? Can phone light cause explosion Nigerians?
Posted: at 21-10-2021 02:17 PM (1 year ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- onyioben at 21-10-2021 03:46 PM (1 year ago)
Online (m)
Quote from: nikiniki on 21-10-2021 02:17 PM
Please educate me - what is the relationship between a phone light and fire?? Does phone lights causes cylinders to explode when you light the stove or was the cylinder leaking and that caused the fire? Can phone light cause explosion Nigerians?
,,yes,there is possibility on that bcos that's why answering phone calls in filling stations is prohibited
Posted: at 21-10-2021 03:46 PM (1 year ago) | Upcoming
Reply