PHOTOS: 7 University Students Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Bayelsa

Date: 21-05-2024 5:19 pm (4 weeks ago) | Author: onuigbo felicia
- at 21-05-2024 05:19 PM (4 weeks ago)
Online (f)

At least seven people said to be university undergraduates have died after inhaling fumes from a generator inside a music studio on Transformer Road, Ebis, in the Amarata area of Yenagoa, Bayelsa state.

The victims were working in the recording studio, which is owned by one of them identified as Akpos Reuben Braokubo, when the incident occurred on Tuesday morning, May 21.

Residents of Ebis indicated that the studio crew worked late into the night using their generators due to inadequate power supply in the state.

The victims fell asleep with the generator running inside the studio and forgot to switch it off before dozing off.

The report stated that six bodies were discovered on Tuesday morning, while one individual, found unconscious and rushed to the hospital, later passed away.

It was also revealed that most of the deceased were undergraduates from the state-owned Niger Delta University (NDU) in Amassoma, who were involved in the recording business to support their education.

At the time of the report, security operatives had cordoned off the area.

The victims’ bodies were said to have been evacuated and taken to a morgue in Yenagoa by police officials.

Friends have gone online to mourn the deceased.






Braokubo's last post on Facebook was shared mere hours before his death. Friends have gone under the post to mourn him.

Posted: at 21-05-2024 05:19 PM (4 weeks ago) | Addicted Hero
- gogoman at 21-05-2024 05:44 PM (4 weeks ago)
Online (m)
na wa oooooooo
Posted: at 21-05-2024 05:44 PM (4 weeks ago) | Grande Master
Reply
- fineboy77 at 21-05-2024 05:46 PM (4 weeks ago)
Online (m)
chai

Posted: at 21-05-2024 05:46 PM (4 weeks ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- Edwarddy at 21-05-2024 05:57 PM (4 weeks ago)
(m)
Vibrant youths .. may your souls rest in peace
Posted: at 21-05-2024 05:57 PM (4 weeks ago) | Upcoming
Reply