BREAKING NEWS: Explosions rocks Maiduguri as Army clashes with Boko-Haram

Published 8 years ago by: Akeem Jaffe Jaffa
at 20-02-2012 04:21PM (8 years ago)

(3853 | Gistmaniac) (m)

      Gun fire and explosions have echoed through a city in Nigeria’s northeast that’s home to a radical Islamist sect.

The fighting began Monday in the city of Maiduguri, with at least three major explosions heard in a popular market in the city. A military spokesman said the army killed eight suspected members of the radical Islamist sect known as Boko Haram, while three civilians had been wounded.

However, traders in the markets said they feared others had been killed in the fighting.

Boko Haram is waging an increasingly violent campaign against Nigeria’s weak central government in its quest to enact strict Shariah law, free its detained members and avenge Muslim deaths in the nation.




http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/explosions-gun-battles-rage-in-northeast-nigeria-city-thats-home-to-radical-islamist-sect/2012/02/20/gIQActxIPR_story.html



Bachelorette at 20-02-2012 04:31PM (8 years ago)
(3853 | Gistmaniac) (m)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/explosions-rock-maiduguri-kills-8-injures-3/

Reply
Bachelorette at 20-02-2012 06:00PM (8 years ago)
(3853 | Gistmaniac) (m)

http://www.jpost.com/Headlines/Article.aspx?id=258605

Reply
rayOFsunshine at 20-02-2012 06:04PM (8 years ago)
(970 | Upcoming) (f)

Quote from: Bachelorette on 20-02-2012 04:21PM
      Gun fire and explosions have echoed through a city in Nigeria’s northeast that’s home to a radical Islamist sect.

The fighting began Monday in the city of Maiduguri, with at least three major explosions heard in a popular market in the city. A military spokesman said the army killed eight suspected members of the radical Islamist sect known as Boko Haram, while three civilians had been wounded.

However, traders in the markets said they feared others had been killed in the fighting.

Boko Haram is waging an increasingly violent campaign against Nigeria’s weak central government in its quest to enact strict Shariah law, free its detained members and avenge Muslim deaths in the nation.




http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/explosions-gun-battles-rage-in-northeast-nigeria-city-thats-home-to-radical-islamist-sect/2012/02/20/gIQActxIPR_story.html


They want to avenge the death of Muslims,
so who will avenge the death of our Christian brothers that they have killed?
somebody should tell boko that I would rather go back and serve the idol my ancestors served before the advent of Christianity in Nigeria than serve allah.

I know only one God and His name is Yahweh, He has a Son, my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ
Reply
Bachelorette at 20-02-2012 06:21PM (8 years ago)
(3853 | Gistmaniac) (m)

Quote from: rayOFsunshine on 20-02-2012 06:04PM
They want to avenge the death of Muslims,
so who will avenge the death of our Christian brothers that they have killed?
somebody should tell boko that I would rather go back and serve the idol my ancestors served before the advent of Christianity in Nigeria than serve allah.

I know only one God and His name is Yahweh, He has a Son, my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ



Thank you! exactly my thoughts. I'd rather bow to my forfathers' Idols, which protected us until the western influence, than worship mohammed.

Reply
Eyanyi at 20-02-2012 08:28PM (8 years ago)
(410 | Upcoming) (m)

The journey is slow and steady we are gradually moving towards the promise land the Nigeria security forces will definately conquer Boko Haram
Reply
Bachelorette at 20-02-2012 08:50PM (8 years ago)
(3853 | Gistmaniac) (m)

[quote author=Eyanyi link=topic=92259.msg2704404#msg2704404 date=1329766104]
The journey is slow and steady we are gradually moving towards the promise land the Nigeria security forces will definately conquer Boko Haram
[/quote]

we hope and pray for the day the last Boko-haram member will surrender

Reply
MEND at 21-02-2012 09:58AM (8 years ago)
(490 | Upcoming) (m)

ok... next
Reply
Bachelorette at 21-02-2012 12:50PM (8 years ago)
(3853 | Gistmaniac) (m)

 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Reply
donuche at 25-04-2012 02:16AM (7 years ago)
(1765 | Gistmaniac) (m)

that is right
Reply
zicooo at 12-06-2012 05:21AM (7 years ago)
(140 | Upcoming) (m)

the  right  thing @ the  right
Reply
omeizad1st at 16-06-2012 09:28AM (7 years ago)
(177 | Upcoming) (m)

Its painstaken,dat d spread of evil pen bokoharam members hv reached d climax dat average nigerians failed 2 realise dat,its part of framing Nigeria up against her citizens is,by bokoharams claiming they are fighting to restore sharia law,avenging muslims deaths,and so on.Among dem are some medias both home and abroad,bc many are paid 4 to stress dat,these pple are islamist sects this habit of calling bokoharams islamist sects was injected into d nigerian medias by foreign medias bc most nigerians wil never reason by themselves,de follow only d decisions of foreigners who are most of d times trying 2 evade them with confusions to cause upheavals or uprisings in Nigeria.My questn is dat when shall we mature enough to reason as an independent nation,and stop taking d misleads of d super powers?.When shall we be freed from dia tactical ways of enslavery?When shall we stop blaming d evils of set up frm our foes on ourselves?These and many more to come are my questns nigerians need to digest.GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Reply
Treasure2 at 16-06-2012 09:31AM (7 years ago)
(18089 | Hero) (f)

Quote from: MEND on 21-02-2012 09:58AM
ok... next
idiot.
Reply
bigjim at 16-06-2012 08:01PM (7 years ago)
(887 | Upcoming) (m)

Quote from: omeizad1st on 16-06-2012 09:28AM
Its painstaken,dat d spread of evil pen bokoharam members hv reached d climax dat average nigerians failed 2 realise dat,its part of framing Nigeria up against her citizens is,by bokoharams claiming they are fighting to restore sharia law,avenging muslims deaths,and so on.Among dem are some medias both home and abroad,bc many are paid 4 to stress dat,these pple are islamist sects this habit of calling bokoharams islamist sects
Reply
bigjim at 16-06-2012 08:32PM (7 years ago)
(887 | Upcoming) (m)

omeizad, u said all, i wish u more knowledge and wisdom.
as u can see, our nigeria media are just puppet of  main stream media while main stream media are puppet of world powers. medias of nowadays are source of propaganda used by world powers. in dis kind of situation, tel me, hw can someone get to knw d truth unless tru d help of GOD almighty.
  Roll Eyes
Reply
chicco77 at 27-07-2012 11:16AM (7 years ago)
(22128 | Addicted Hero) (f)

 Lips Sealed Lips Sealed
Reply
chicco77 at 5-09-2012 02:29PM (7 years ago)
(22128 | Addicted Hero) (f)

 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Reply
PoliticxGuru at 19-08-2015 07:22PM (4 years ago)
(14192 | Hero) (m)

Animals in making
Reply