Courtship & Pre-marital sex, what are the boundries?

[1] 2
at 02:14 AM, 12/11/2008 (9 years ago)
(4106 | Gistmaniac) (m)
I heard that the use of courtship is to get to 'know' your patner better, however is 'test driving' one of the ways of getting to 'know' your patner better, some people thinks its a abomination, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY?

Vixenx at 02:26 AM, 12/11/2008 (9 years ago)
(21148 | Addicted Hero) (f)
Our Naija and abomination!! every lil thing someone will start to scream abomination!! abomination!!

There's nothing wrong with it. "test driving"  is actually good, and while you're getting to know the person, you are also getting to know the "intimate" side of them.....which brings the two of you closer. And you also get to know how well he knows how to use what his mama gave him Grin..then from there u can teach and show him how u like to be handled and done. Grin Period! I know alot of ppl are going to TRY to attack me for this, but one thing u have to understand is this..this is 2008, soon to be '09........We ain't going backwards any longer, sure it's against the bible.." LET ME SEE THE HANDS OF THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SINNED AGAINST THE BIBLE"..Just as long as you're with one person and not running around everywhere, there is nothing wrong with it...Nice topic dguy, Kiss Kiss Kiss now whomever that wants to get it should bring it forward..hahaha?..lol Tongue

Reply
Phizz at 02:44 AM, 12/11/2008 (9 years ago)
(2 | Newbie) (f)
baby gurl it is nt done that way u dnt ve to 'test drive' for ur guy to knw hw to handle u.........wen d both of u get married u ve al d tym in d world to teach him that!!!!!!!!!!yes we r in a civilised world bt we do nt ve to 4get our values n doctrines.................
Reply
Vixenx at 02:56 AM, 12/11/2008 (9 years ago)
(21148 | Addicted Hero) (f)
Having sex b4 marriage doesn't mean you lack values and doctrines. This are what our ancestors and "traditional" folks planted in our heads. I don't see anything wrong with being intimate with your steady boyfriend/gurlfriend, someone u may end up marrying anyway. Do you know that most marriages end up in divorces because the wife or the husband cannot satisfy one another? which usually leads to infidelity or even the guy or gurl walking out of the marriage. Those that were married back in the days are better off because they were brought up in those eras, but today's couple ain't gonna follow in the same footsteps as them, so therefore it will not....or rarely work out. Sure you will have all the time in the world to do that while you're married, but how do you know that he or she is going to be comfortable enough or willing to do that? those are the things u need to be finding out while you're dating to make sure you're compatible, not just sex only..but alot of other things also.

Reply
akjasper at 03:25 AM, 12/11/2008 (9 years ago)
(7800 | Hero) (m)
Courtship shld be without sex 'cos marriage is not all about sex,
there are lots of vital things u both gt to knw more abt each others,,though
it plays a vital role but de doctrine mst be followed accordingly,and when u say
steady boyfriend/girlfriend ,,,wht assurance do you have that it wld lead to marriage??
And still no one was born been perfecter when it comes to sex , so things could still be
done well when the satisfactory part of it is been found lacking smhow.
Reply
blackberryPearl at 03:27 AM, 12/11/2008 (9 years ago)
(13788 | Hero) (f)
Quote from: akjasper on 03:25 AM, 12/11/2008
Courtship shld be without sex 'cos marriage is not all about sex,
there are lots of vital things u both gt to knw more abt each others,,though
it plays a vital role but de doctrine mst be followed accordingly,and when u say
steady boyfriend/girlfriend ,,,wht assurance do you have that it wld lead to marriage??
And still no one was born been perfecter when it comes to sex , so things could still be
done well when the satisfactory part of it is been found lacking smhow.

i actually for the first time in my life agreeing with u
Reply
Franklin_B at 03:43 AM, 12/11/2008 (9 years ago)
(28 | Newbie) (m)
Sex before marriage, it's almost non existent these days.Thats how it should go but it's for those individuals who are strong enough resist.

e no easy my 9ja people.una know
Reply
blackberryPearl at 03:44 AM, 12/11/2008 (9 years ago)
(13788 | Hero) (f)
Quote from: Franklin_B on 03:43 AM, 12/11/2008
Sex before marriage, it's almost non existent these days.Thats how it should go but it's for those individuals who are strong enough resist.

e no easy my 9ja people.una know
is called self control
Reply
jummiedavids at 11:07 AM, 12/11/2008 (9 years ago)
(39 | Newbie) (f)
Marriage has been defined right from tha bible and quran, and its all about reproduction, which involves sex. Sex before marriage proves to be good for most people now in Nigeria, most men dont even sign to abstinence, a relationship goes with sex, regardless of the fact that you might not get married,courtship and a normal girlfriend and boyfriend are all the same thing.A RISK IS A RISK.
Reply
osituga at 11:26 AM, 12/11/2008 (9 years ago)
(9433 | Hero) (m)
Test driving ! haven't heard that word before.
Reply
Vixenx at 01:19 PM, 12/11/2008 (9 years ago)
(21148 | Addicted Hero) (f)
Ehen........o.k ppl, do whateva ya'll want in your relationships ooo. ALot of us are trying to be goody too shoes and tend to forget what REALITY is all about.. I only state the truths cuz i know it HURTS for some...buh bye Cool


Reply
osituga at 01:23 PM, 12/11/2008 (9 years ago)
(9433 | Hero) (m)
Ummm
Reply
Dguy at 02:28 PM, 12/11/2008 (9 years ago)
(4106 | Gistmaniac) (m)
Quote from: osituga on 11:26 AM, 12/11/2008
Test driving ! haven't heard that word before.

when you get your jalopee you need to take for a TD, test drive ---  duh!!

Reply
mazi at 02:41 PM, 12/11/2008 (9 years ago)
(19677 | Hero) (m)
Quote from: dguy on 02:14 AM, 12/11/2008
I heard that the use of courtship is to get to 'know' your patner better, however is 'test driving' one of the ways of getting to 'know' your patner better, some people thinks its a abomination, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY?
my one question is
is sex not part of marriage?...if not biggest part.
why shouldn't it be part of 'knowing ur partner better'?
Reply
peacetee at 02:41 PM, 12/11/2008 (9 years ago)
(3727 | Gistmaniac) (f)
Quote from: dguy on 02:28 PM, 12/11/2008
Quote from: osituga on 11:26 AM, 12/11/2008
Test driving ! haven't heard that word before.

when you get your jalopee you need to take for a TD, test drive ---  duh!!

Goes to show he aint of test driving age  Undecided

Reply
Dguy at 02:42 PM, 12/11/2008 (9 years ago)
(4106 | Gistmaniac) (m)
Quote from: peacetee on 02:41 PM, 12/11/2008
Quote from: dguy on 02:28 PM, 12/11/2008
Quote from: osituga on 11:26 AM, 12/11/2008
Test driving ! haven't heard that word before.

when you get your jalopee you need to take for a TD, test drive ---  duh!!

Goes to show he aint of test driving age  Undecided

ah - true, i almost forgot

Reply
osituga at 12:21 AM, 13/11/2008 (9 years ago)
(9433 | Hero) (m)
Quote from: dguy on 02:42 PM, 12/11/2008
Quote from: peacetee on 02:41 PM, 12/11/2008
Quote from: dguy on 02:28 PM, 12/11/2008
Quote from: osituga on 11:26 AM, 12/11/2008
Test driving ! haven't heard that word before.

when you get your jalopee you need to take for a TD, test drive ---  duh!!

Goes to show he aint of test driving age  Undecided

ah - true, i almost forgot



Lol..kidding me right??
Reply
blessedchidon at 06:35 AM, 13/11/2008 (9 years ago)
(1861 | Gistmaniac) (m)
Quote from: vixenx on 02:56 AM, 12/11/2008
Having sex b4 marriage doesn't mean you lack values and doctrines. This are what our ancestors and "traditional" folks planted in our heads. I don't see anything wrong with being intimate with your steady boyfriend/gurlfriend, someone u may end up marrying anyway. Do you know that most marriages end up in divorces because the wife or the husband cannot satisfy one another? which usually leads to infidelity or even the guy or gurl walking out of the marriage. Those that were married back in the days are better off because they were brought up in those eras, but today's couple ain't gonna follow in the same footsteps as them, so therefore it will not....or rarely work out. Sure you will have all the time in the world to do that while you're married, but how do you know that he or she is going to be comfortable enough or willing to do that? those are the things u need to be finding out while you're dating to make sure you're compatible, not just sex only..but alot of other things also.
  can u tell me who originated marriage? see Sexual pleasure outside the holy matrimony is an abomination in the sight of God, Heb.13:4 stop telling what feel ok 4u. ask God what he want and how he want it. read the scipture above if u have bible, we can't follow man's principles but God.
Reply
Cdiva at 06:49 AM, 13/11/2008 (9 years ago)
(445 | Upcoming) (f)
I have nothing against sex b4 for marriage just as long as your not sleeping with everyone who passes by.. Ain't nothing wrong with having sex with some1 your in a serious relationship with (just make sure your protected).

Whatz the point of getting married to a person who can't please you sexually?
Reply
blessedchidon at 07:01 AM, 13/11/2008 (9 years ago)
(1861 | Gistmaniac) (m)
Quote from: Cdiva on 06:49 AM, 13/11/2008
I have nothing against sex b4 for marriage just as long as your not sleeping with everyone who passes by.. Ain't nothing wrong with having sex with some1 your in a serious relationship with (just make sure your protected).

Whatz the point of getting married to a person who can't please you sexually?

{just make sure u re protected}can u guarantee ur protection? {whatz the point of getting married to a person who can't please you sexually?}  are u marring for sex alone satisfaction alone? what of if u re satisfy and be deny other things? abeg hold ur bodyoo
Reply
[1] 2

LATEST COMMENTS

  1. kacylee on: SHOCKER! Messi Came To Nigeria vs. Iceland Match To Support Nigeria (Photo)
    whether photoshop or not na him head dey there :P :P :P :P :P... 51 secs ago ago
  2. SweetDaddy1 on: BLOODY! Many Killed As Gunmen Invade Villages In Plateau State (Very Disturbing Photos)
    This killings of innocent poor Nigerians by APC military wing will bring war between the rich and t... 1 min ago ago
  3. dgreatg on: HELL-LADY! Viral Video & Photos Of A 'Nigerian' Lady Showing Off Her Bare Br3ast In A Fishnet To
    This is what we call slippers... 34 mins ago ago
  4. slimber on: #Russia2018: Rohr Reveals What Super Eagles’ Tactics Will Be In Last Group Match Against Argenti
    Okoooo... 42 mins ago ago
  5. slimber on: WTH! Best Student In Faculty Of Art, Fashina Aderonke Gets N250 As Cash Prize In Ekiti State Uni
    Hmmmm oh... 43 mins ago ago