He said "I do" but is now seriously wishing he had said "I don't"

at 09:50 PM, 18/11/2011 (6 years ago)
(447 | Upcoming) (m)
Hello all. I have something I would like to get your opinions on.
Guys a cousin of mine just got married. Its was a nice wedding, and a lot of high society people where there. The lady he married was actively dating someone else before she was plucked from the relationship and pushed in the marriage. I found that very uncomfortable to hear. Its really so sad and I wonder if it will ever stop in Naija. I was later informed that he and the lady he married never knew themselves, never spoke or communicated before and only got to meet on account of the wedding. Now these two characters (my cousin and the wife) are two very different people and though they have been married for a few months, sparks have already started flying. It has been a war zone since after the wedding.
Now my question is, would anyone embark in marrying someone he/she does not know?
If you do what chances do you think you'd have in being happy?
How common is this kind of arrangement back home?

kebella at 10:07 PM, 18/11/2011 (6 years ago)
(44408 | Addicted Hero) (f)
ur cousin must be a bushman Grin how can he allow arrange marriage yu guys don seems to amuse me Shocked[email protected] which kind burger he be sef,.........german or american burger lol Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Reply
modavi at 10:26 PM, 18/11/2011 (6 years ago)
(280 | Upcoming) (f)
Who says courtship is a prerequisite for a lasting marriage.It is nt a serious issue cos even if they ve gotten to court for 100yrs b4 getting married,there wld still be differneces. Go ask people that ve courted for so long...my dear,no time is enough to get to know somebody.most marriages survive through prayers, patience and understanding.there is no such thing as perfect partner anywhere unless he wants to get a divorce n then hope to find d kind of woman he wants which he can never find.
Reply
jamyl at 11:22 PM, 18/11/2011 (6 years ago)
(25 | Newbie) (m)
Quote from: modavi on 10:26 PM, 18/11/2011
Who says courtship is a prerequisite for a lasting marriage.It is nt a serious issue cos even if they ve gotten to court for 100yrs b4 getting married,there wld still be differneces. Go ask people that ve courted for so long...my dear,no time is enough to get to know somebody.most marriages survive through prayers, patience and understanding.there is no such thing as perfect partner anywhere unless he wants to get a divorce n then hope to find d kind of woman he wants which he can never find.
positive
Reply
mediaexcell at 11:35 PM, 18/11/2011 (6 years ago)
(2272 | Gistmaniac) (m)
Quote from: kebella on 10:07 PM, 18/11/2011
ur cousin must be a bushman Grin how can he allow arrange marriage yu guys don seems to amuse me Shocked[email protected] which kind burger he be sef,.........german or american burger lol Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
na Japanese poop burger    Grin
Reply
ILOVEIT at 11:45 PM, 18/11/2011 (6 years ago)
(12674 | Hero) (m)
Quote from: kebella on 10:07 PM, 18/11/2011
ur cousin must be a bushman Grin how can he allow arrange marriage yu guys don seems to amuse me Shocked[email protected] which kind burger he be sef,.........german or american burger lol Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

italian burger i guess!

Reply
mallorca at 11:59 PM, 18/11/2011 (6 years ago)
(20709 | Addicted Hero) (m)
Quote from: kebella on 10:07 PM, 18/11/2011
ur cousin must be a bushman Grin how can he allow arrange marriage yu guys don seems to amuse me Shocked[email protected] which kind burger he be sef,.........german or american burger lol Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Haiti Burger king Tongue

Reply
drnoel at 10:25 AM, 19/11/2011 (6 years ago)
(447 | Upcoming) (m)
Quote from: kebella on 10:07 PM, 18/11/2011
ur cousin must be a bushman Grin how can he allow arrange marriage yu guys don seems to amuse me Shocked[email protected] which kind burger he be sef,.........german or american burger lol Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Ma sister na mixed pikin im be. A mix of Naija, German and British.

Reply
drnoel at 10:31 AM, 19/11/2011 (6 years ago)
(447 | Upcoming) (m)
Quote from: modavi on 10:26 PM, 18/11/2011
Who says courtship is a prerequisite for a lasting marriage.It is nt a serious issue cos even if they ve gotten to court for 100yrs b4 getting married,there wld still be differneces. Go ask people that ve courted for so long...my dear,no time is enough to get to know somebody.most marriages survive through prayers, patience and understanding.there is no such thing as perfect partner anywhere unless he wants to get a divorce n then hope to find d kind of woman he wants which he can never find.

Madam u dey right but,.......dating someone would give one an insight about the character the other person has. U would know some of her/his likes and dislikes. U would know if u like the person's smell in the bedroom and if u still like it when the person wakes in the morning. U will know if u like sex with the person and how u could improve it if its not so wonderful. In this case, I am told everything is the problem. From sex, to communication, to most of the little details.

Reply
moneyinbrakemi at 10:58 AM, 19/11/2011 (6 years ago)
(7755 | Hero) (m)
All that glitters is not gold
Reply
modavi at 02:42 PM, 19/11/2011 (6 years ago)
(280 | Upcoming) (f)
Quote from: drnoel on 10:31 AM, 19/11/2011
Madam u dey right but,.......dating someone would give one an insight about the character the other person has. U would know some of her/his likes and dislikes. U would know if u like the person's smell in the bedroom and if u still like it when the person wakes in the morning. U will know if u like sex with the person and how u could improve it if its not so wonderful. In this case, I am told everything is the problem. From sex, to communication, to most of the little details.


so does dat mean dat people dat go for a divorce neva went in2 courtship to knw more abt their likes n dislikes etc? marriage is a risk,a mystery..just as life itself is. well,evryone is entitled to a choice.
Reply
kebella at 03:52 PM, 19/11/2011 (6 years ago)
(44408 | Addicted Hero) (f)
Quote from: mediaexcell on 11:35 PM, 18/11/2011
na Japanese poop burger    Grin
Cheesy Cheesy where ve yu been my finest  Kiss Kiss

Reply
kebella at 03:54 PM, 19/11/2011 (6 years ago)
(44408 | Addicted Hero) (f)
Quote from: ILOVEIT on 11:45 PM, 18/11/2011
italian burger i guess!
hahahahh italian burger no dey carry last maybe na malaysia king burger Grin Grin Grin

Reply
kebella at 03:55 PM, 19/11/2011 (6 years ago)
(44408 | Addicted Hero) (f)
Quote from: mallorca on 11:59 PM, 18/11/2011
Haiti Burger king Tongue
ur not far frm the truth............. recent earth quake affect him brain Shocked Shocked Shocked

Reply
kebella at 03:59 PM, 19/11/2011 (6 years ago)
(44408 | Addicted Hero) (f)
Quote from: drnoel on 10:25 AM, 19/11/2011
Ma sister na mixed pikin im be. A mix of Naija, German and British.
is that why his life is so complicated Shocked Shocked pls take him to pastor king 4 marriage counseling or husband day care center yu can contact 50cent 4 more info ...........gudluck Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Reply
drnoel at 06:19 PM, 20/11/2011 (6 years ago)
(447 | Upcoming) (m)
Quote from: kebella on 03:59 PM, 19/11/2011
is that why his life is so complicated Shocked Shocked pls take him to pastor king 4 marriage counseling or husband day care center yu can contact 50cent 4 more info ...........gudluck Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Ma sister, I dey wonder if pastor go help am see light at all. Must of these pastors no dey authentic. I just dey hope say dem go find common ground in their marriage cos dem don marry and nothing can change that.

Reply

LATEST COMMENTS

  1. creebmide21 on: What President Buhari Is Trying To Do With The 2018 Budget - Dino Melaye
    jixox , this one nah punch lines toh jawo Rapper Kash Doll accidentally exposes her boobs on Instagr... 16 mins ago ago
  2. roseyjjegede on: SHOCKING!!! Pregnant Woman Allegedly Gives Birth To A Cat During Church Deliverance Service (Ph
    [quote author=mgiwa6 link=topic=360637.msg5465865#msg5465865 date=1529616411]Only fools will believe... 30 mins ago ago
  3. luckingto50 on: Nigerian Man, Innocent Reportedly Jump From 2-Storey Building In Dubai Over Family Pressure (Vid
    Not enough reason to take ur life. Highest just cut everybody off... 35 mins ago ago
  4. mgiwa6 on: SHOCKING!!! Pregnant Woman Allegedly Gives Birth To A Cat During Church Deliverance Service (Ph
    Only fools will believe this!... 35 mins ago ago
  5. kaposky on: Rare Photos Of Actor, Mike Ezuruonye's Albino Daughter, Elsa As She Clocks One
    [quote author=creebmide21 link=topic=360639.msg5465854#msg5465854 date=1529613289]wawu!!!!Maheeda go... 54 mins ago ago