PHOTOS: 24-Year-Old Female Undergraduate Electrocuted In Hotel Room On Her Birthday

Published 3 years ago by: Mister Jay Wonder
at 08:41 AM, 30/12/2015 (3 years ago)

(23599 | Addicted Hero) (m)

24 year old Funke Balogun, a National Diploma II student of Yaba College of Technology (YABATECH), was allegedly electrocuted in a hotel bathroom owned by her boyfriend Abolade Adetunji’s mother at 30, Balogun Street, Oshodi in Lagos on Sunday December 27th.
According to a report by the Nation, Funke who is a mother of one, was in a relationship with Abolade who just passed from NYSC. According to Funmi, the younger sister of the deceased, Abolade came to pick her sister at their residence on Saturday around 11pm.

“Abolade was in a hurry that night and I told my sister not to go but she picked some of her things and left with him. On Sunday morning around 7, she called and said plans had changed that they were not going to the beach again but to a hotel and since then, we have been trying her mobile line. When she didn’t pick her call, I became worried. That day was her birthday and our mother still called her in the midnight to pray for her. Even, when my mum called Abolade’s mobile line, someone picked and said he forgot his phone and since then his lime has been switched off.”

Funmi said when she and some family members went to the hotel to see if they could check on her, they didn’t see her, adding that the receptionist said Adetunji just stepped out and wasn’t with a girl.

“Even when we got to Abolade’s house, we were told he had gone to the beach. Around 8pm on Sunday, my cousin and I went to the hotel again, I sighted blood on the wall and when I asked Abolade’s brother, Bayo where my sister was, he said: ‘at the moment, Funke is dead’; he said it without remorse and was still icing drinks in the freezer. Even when we went to the police station, they said they were not aware of the incident. Is that how my sister will die? She has been dating him for almost a year. He just returned from National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) orientation camp in Anambra State. The boy is very proud to the extent that whenever he visited her, he didn’t greet anyone.”she said
When interviewed, Abolade said his girlfriend died of shock.

“‎She was already in the bathroom and I went to meet my brother who was on the same floor with us to get the toothpaste. As I returned to the room, I tried to open the toilet door but it was stiff. As I gained access to the toilet, I met her on the floor with a shower handle on her right hand. When I tried to carry her, I didn’t know what happened until I saw myself on hospital bed.”

His father, Jamiu Adetunji, A. K.A (Yaro), said Abolade’s elder brother called their mother that they needed a doctor.
“Immediately we took them to Geo Medical Centre where Funke eventually gave up. We first took her to General Hospital, Ikeja but she was rejected because there was none of her family members with us. It was later we reported the incident to Akinpelu Police Station where they took the body to Yaba mortuary. I wouldn’t want to kill someone else’s daughter.

Funke was my son’s girl friend and I told her to help me monitor his movement because at times he wouldn’t listen and since he talked about her dearly, I felt she was going to inspire him. It is really unfortunate. My son has put me in trouble. Even when they wanted to know the girl’s full name, I pinched my son few times just for him to wake up. I have arrested the electrician that connected light to the building because last Friday, occupants of the building beside the hotel complained of shock in their house and I told the electrician but he refused to come. It was after the incident he came and was arrested. “‎

The mother of the bereaved, Kehinde Balogun, has remained inconsolable since the day of the incident
“Funke was my first child and she has a three-year-old son. The only reason they live alone is because her school is close to the family house in Oshodi. Why did they kill my beauty? Why? What have I done to deserve this? I wish she listened to her sister that night because she had a dream. I saw my daughter in my sleep this morning telling me she had returned. It is unfortunate. I wish it was a reality. It is a big tragedy because where she died was three houses from where I gave birth to her. I warned her about him but she told me he was okay and assured me everything was fine.” she said amid tears.

For more scintillating and juicy stories, follow the official Naijapals accounts On Twitter - and Facebook -

Problem with this article? Please contact us

saviourekpe at 08:47 AM, 30/12/2015 (3 years ago)
(261 | Upcoming) (m)

ogochukwupaul at 09:30 AM, 30/12/2015 (3 years ago)
(92 | Newbie) (m)

R.I.P dear
zezprincess at 09:32 AM, 30/12/2015 (3 years ago)
(7927 | Hero) (f)

Chaaii,it's a pity,so sorry,mother take heart,all is well,God knows why,For the boy,if what you said is the truth,may God help you but if your girlfriends death is intentional,hmmmmm,the same fate will befall you.
botlex at 09:55 AM, 30/12/2015 (3 years ago)
(2555 | Gistmaniac) (m)

A sad story. RIP to the dead!
gogoman at 10:55 AM, 30/12/2015 (3 years ago)
(31816 | Addicted Hero) (m)

na wa oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo RIP
Giftous1 at 11:37 AM, 30/12/2015 (3 years ago)
(2075 | Gistmaniac) (f)

evilgenius at 11:40 AM, 30/12/2015 (3 years ago)
(578 | Upcoming) (f)

story of mortal beings
parents should settle with the hotel off court case
Oworen25 at 11:53 AM, 30/12/2015 (3 years ago)
(12234 | Hero) (m)

Stay one place they will not accept now that it has happen your parents will be the one surffrering from the lost.
okatee at 11:56 AM, 30/12/2015 (3 years ago)
(7638 | Hero) (m)

may her soul rest in Peace
winace at 02:20 PM, 30/12/2015 (3 years ago)
(30152 | Addicted Hero) (f)

Hmmmm na wa o. May her soul rest in peace. Amen
kp45 at 03:15 PM, 30/12/2015 (3 years ago)
(10314 | Hero) (m)

Mopera at 04:53 PM, 30/12/2015 (3 years ago)
(1590 | Gistmaniac) (m)

okuboye at 06:18 PM, 30/12/2015 (3 years ago)
(1509 | Gistmaniac) (m)

Negligence  of the e electrician caused her death. Rip
emma4love3 at 07:59 PM, 30/12/2015 (3 years ago)
(15080 | Hero) (m)

na waoooooo
emma4love3 at 07:59 PM, 30/12/2015 (3 years ago)
(15080 | Hero) (m)

na waoooooo
zauber at 08:13 PM, 30/12/2015 (3 years ago)
(442 | Upcoming) (m)

wellcome to zoo. baboons and monkeys
Trueyarn at 09:07 PM, 31/12/2015 (3 years ago)
(10116 | Hero) (m)

Hmmmmm,wetin I wan talk?R.I.P.I feel very touched on this.
moralemike07 at 09:19 AM, 3/01/2016 (3 years ago)
(3859 | Gistmaniac) (m)

It is a tragedy.


  1. Haso112 on: Viral Video Of Men Who Killed A Lady & Called Uber To Pick Up Her Body
    WHAT.....??... 8 mins ago
  2. ficull on: 38 Years Old Zimbabwe's Vice President's Wife, Marry Mubaiwa Arrested For Fraud and Laundering
    Can this happen in Nigeria? How I wish.... 12 mins ago
  3. FloxyB on: OMG! Read The Suicide Note Written By A 15-year Old Girl After Being Raped By Mum's Brother
    This evil girl never discussed this issues with her parent and she complained and complained till sh... 25 mins ago
  4. dareper on: “I’m Still Young And Beautiful, I Can’t Stick To Just One Man” – Singer Fantana
    Na them!!!... 1 hr ago
  5. dareper on: Married Woman, Lover Get Stuck After Husband Places 'Magun' (Charm) On Her (Video)
    [sub][/sub][quote author=dopygenius link=topic=414173.msg5599861#msg5599861 date=1576441745]That... 1 hr ago