If You Are The Man With The Belt I'm Ready - Joshua Dismisses Claims He’s Scared To Fight Fury

Date: 23-12-2020 7:35 am (11 months ago) | Author: Olusanya Akinrinola
- at 23-12-2020 07:35 AM (11 months ago)
Online (m)

Heavyweight champion of the world Anthony Joshua has denied claims he is scared to face fellow Brit Tyson Fury in the battle for undisputed.

The Nigerian-born champ said he is eager to finalise a contract for a much-anticipated unification fight between the super-heavyweights

Promoter Eddie Hearn confirmed on Saturday a verbal agreement is in place for Joshua to take on Fury next year, most likely in the Middle East due to coronavirus restrictions.

IBF, WBA and WBO title holder Joshua stopped Kubrat Pulev earlier this month to clear another potential hurdle standing between himself and a box office clash with Fury.

He appeared reluctant to call out the WBC champion in the aftermath of the fight at Wembley Arena, saying only that his focus was on securing the fourth heavyweight belt.
Fury then accused his compatriot of running scared but Joshua says he is determined to put everything on the line by finalising a date for a money-spinning bout in 2021.

Quote
“Whether he really wants it or not, I’m keen,” Joshua told Sky Sports. “I basically said, ‘If Tyson Fury is the man with the belts, Tyson Fury is the man I want.”

“That basically says, ‘I’ll fight anyone who has that belt, there’s no problem with the person’. I just want to go for the undisputed championship.

“That’s what I was trying to say that night. He took it how he wanted to take it. I’ve never turned away from a fight. I’ve never announced a fight and not showed up.

“I’ve fought six to seven champions, in my short career. Tyson Fury is another one of them.

“There’s no reason as to why I see him any different to any other. If Fury is down, I’m ready, I’m keen. I’ve got four of the major belts, he’s got one. I’ll take that one from him.”

Fury has not stepped in the ring since beating Deontay Wilder to reclaim the WBC heavyweight belt in February, with plans for a trilogy fight halted by the coronavirus pandemic.

Joshua’s mandatory challenger Oleksandr Usyk has suggested he is happy to step aside for now, meanwhile, clearing another obstacle.

“I’m speaking to my management team, and I’m ready. I’m keen,” Joshua said. “I’ve got past my mandatory. Right now, I’m about less talk, more action.

“But the ultimate thing coming from me, I’m ready. The next fight, I want Tyson Fury, the next fight I want the WBC champion, the next fight I want to be for the undisputed championship of the world.

“That being said, they are in conversations now – my management team, my promotional outfit – of the best way to put a package together that can lead us into 2021.

“Hopefully, the pandemic will be done and we can bring some unity, a good energy to Britain, if we can announce this fight.”


Posted: at 23-12-2020 07:35 AM (11 months ago) | Hero
- monsuratabike at 23-12-2020 11:20 AM (11 months ago)
(m)
BUA CEMENT PLC FOR SALE, 30% off every bags purchased. ₦1,500 per Bag. Delivery per bag is ₦300. Total per bag is ₦1,800 per bag of cement. Contact our Sales and Marketing Department @ BUA Cement Plant.
Telephone: 09132080916.
Posted: at 23-12-2020 11:20 AM (11 months ago) | Newbie
Reply

fire TRENDING GISTS fire

TODAY'S TOP
  1. Ex Wife Of Ned Nwoko Leaks His Alleged Conversation About Her, Nigerians Reacts

  2. BBNaija's Laycon Lists Features He Wants in His Woman And Erica no Longer Fits in

  3. How Indian Defence Chief, General Bipin Rawat, Wife & 11 Others Killed In Helicopter Crash

  4. BBNaija Erica Interrogates Singer, Adekunle Gold Over His Relationship With Wife, Simi

  5. Lagos State Govt Shuts Down Ojodu Grammar School Over Death of Students in Fatal Accident

  6. President Buhari Mourns Expresses Sadness Over Gruesome Attack On Travelers In Sokoto

  7. Super Eagles Receive Osimhen Boost Ahead AFCON As He Returns To Training After Face Surgery

  8. Seyi Tinubu Debunks News That His Baby Mama, Freda Francis Is Carrying Their Second Child

  9. Maria Chike Tests Positive to Covid-19, Warns Fans to Take Precautions Seriously


THIS WEEK
  1. PHOTO: Faces of Students That Reportedly Beat up Sylvester Oromoni to Death

  2. DOWEN COLLEGE! Eye Witness Gives Detailed Account On What Happened To Late Sylvester Oromoni

  3. VIDEO: One of The Suspects Responsible For Sylvester’s Death Seen Bullying His Mate

  4. ‘We Owe Allegiance To Eiye Confraternity’ – Revelations By Lagos Secondary School Students

  5. SHOCKING: Singer Davido Reveals Names Of Alleged Murderers Of 12Yrs Old Dowen Student Sylvester

  6. Fani-Kayode Couldn’t Perform, I Didn’t Have Sεx With Him For 6 Years - Ex-Wife Exposes Him

  7. "How I Got Pregnant For My Husband’s 17-Year-Old Son" - Housewife Tells Unbelievable Story

  8. Management Of Dowen College Finally Breaks Silence on Death Of Their Student, Sylvester Oromoni

  9. Woman Beats Her Daughter Mercilessly After Posting A Video Enjoying Kisses With Her Boyfriend

  10. Groom's Parents, Siblings, Other Family Members Perish In Fatal Accident Hours After Wedding


TOP MEMBERS: