SAD! Electric Shock Killed Boy In Ado Ekiti While Listening To Music & Charging

Date: 27-08-2014 8:07 am (7 years ago) | Author: towaibi
- at 27-08-2014 08:07 AM (7 years ago)
(f)
Tears are still flowing in Okesa area of Ado-Ekiti, as the people continue to mourn the death of a 15-year-old boy, Junior Abia, in Okesa area of the Ekiti State capital. Junior was the second born of the Abias. His parents are popularly known as Papa and Mama ChibuzorDaily Sun learnt that tragedy struck in the home of the Abias on Friday, August 8, at about 2pm. On that day, Junior suddenly shouted for help, jolting his elder brother, Chibuzor, into action. Junior had an electric shock while listening to music on his mobile phone through the earpiece, as the handset was plugged into the wall socket, charging.After raising the alarm, Junior’s elder brother was said to have looked for a long stick with which he could remove the earpiece from Junior’s ears. It was gathered that when he could not have the earpiece removed, Chibuzor also raised the alarm and that alerted other people, who promptly swung into action to rescue Junior.The mobile phone was eventually removed from the power socket and Junior was rushed to a nearby hospital in the area, in a frantic effort to save his life. Unfortunately, the boy passed on just before the rescue team stepped into the hospital.

Narrating the ugly incident to the reporter at their two-room apartment in the area, Mama Chibuzor, who could not control her emotions, said: “Junior had assisted me in cooking some rice for sale in my stand at Okesa market before I left home. But it was hardly two hours after I left that someone came running to me that Junior had been electrocuted. I immediately rushed to the scene and met people making frantic efforts to rescue him.

“We eventually removed the earpiece from his ears, unplugged the handset from the power socket and rushed him to the hospital. But he died just as we were about stepping into the hospital.

“I was told that Junior plucked the handset, which he also connected to the earpiece, into the power socket so as to charge the phone. He was also using the earpiece connected to the phone to listen to some music on the phone.

“Some people said he slept off while listening to the music on the phone and charging the phone at the same time. They said it was while doing that he suddenly shouted for help, and when people rushed to him, he was already gasping for air.”

Mama Chibuzor further said his son would have lived had he got help on time. She said: “If there had been elderly people around, apart from his elder brother who wasn’t clever enough to devise a better means of saving Junior, my son might have survived the electrocution.”

She said she couldn’t say if Junior had been in the habit of listening to music on the cell phone while charging it. “I only know that he was an obedient boy who didn’t get into trouble with anyone. He was also very dutiful; he never got tired of running errands in the house at anytime. Only God understands why this happened to him,” she lamented.

Junior was buried three days after his death. According to his mum, all his clothes, pictures, shoes and other things that could bring back some emotional memories had been removed by the family.


Posted: at 27-08-2014 08:07 AM (7 years ago) | Newbie
- zeigbo at 27-08-2014 09:20 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
 Cry Cry R.I.P Cry Cry

Posted: at 27-08-2014 09:20 AM (7 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- schmit at 27-08-2014 09:27 AM (7 years ago)
(f)
So sad R.I.P
Posted: at 27-08-2014 09:27 AM (7 years ago) | Hero
Reply
- spiridion at 27-08-2014 09:30 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
A nine year-old girl in the US has killed her
shooting instructor by accident while being shown
how to use a high-powered automatic weapon.
The instructor was giving the girl a lesson at a
shooting range in Arizona when the recoil from the
first shot caused her to lose control of the Uzi.
Charles Vacca, 39, was shot in the head and died
after being airlifted to a hospital in Las Vegas.
The girl was at the shooting range with her parents,
officials say.
The accident happened on Monday at Last Stop
shooting range in White Hills, Arizona.
Correspondents say it is common in parts of the US
for children to be taught how to use firearms.
Many firing ranges have strict safety rules on
instructing children. It is not clear what age limits
the range has.
Posted: at 27-08-2014 09:30 AM (7 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- dareper at 27-08-2014 09:43 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
RIP
Posted: at 27-08-2014 09:43 AM (7 years ago) | Hero
Reply
- emiwizz at 27-08-2014 09:46 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
Almost everybody is a winner stand a chance to win free airtime no charges involved just visit the link http://monthlyyouth.com/?ref=399743 mtn ,airtel,glo and etisalat up for grabs note: this promo is genuine
Posted: at 27-08-2014 09:46 AM (7 years ago) | Newbie
Reply
- dickman2 at 27-08-2014 09:46 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Posted: at 27-08-2014 09:46 AM (7 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- daveobahon at 27-08-2014 09:47 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
So sad wshd d elder bro had gone 2 d switch RIP
Posted: at 27-08-2014 09:47 AM (7 years ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- seveneleven at 27-08-2014 09:50 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
 Cry Cry Cry
Posted: at 27-08-2014 09:50 AM (7 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- codeplay at 27-08-2014 10:37 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
RIP lil one..... China phones and their defects
Posted: at 27-08-2014 10:37 AM (7 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- allbright at 27-08-2014 10:49 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
Rip
Posted: at 27-08-2014 10:49 AM (7 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- Nicksam at 27-08-2014 11:17 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
R.I.P
Posted: at 27-08-2014 11:17 AM (7 years ago) | Hero
Reply
- Elfredino at 27-08-2014 11:31 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
R I P.God no y.
Posted: at 27-08-2014 11:31 AM (7 years ago) | Newbie
Reply
- henryob at 27-08-2014 11:52 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
R I P
Posted: at 27-08-2014 11:52 AM (7 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- morgrawl231 at 27-08-2014 12:35 PM (7 years ago)
(m)
 Sad Sad Sad
RIP,,,,
Posted: at 27-08-2014 12:35 PM (7 years ago) | Hero
Reply
- beneno at 27-08-2014 04:53 PM (7 years ago)
(m)
RIP
Posted: at 27-08-2014 04:53 PM (7 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- Larry28 at 28-08-2014 01:47 PM (7 years ago)
(f)
Rip
Posted: at 28-08-2014 01:47 PM (7 years ago) | Hero
Reply
- osamabinladin at 29-08-2014 11:42 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
 Sad
Posted: at 29-08-2014 11:42 AM (7 years ago) | Hero
Reply
- elchymo at 25-08-2015 12:56 PM (6 years ago)
(m)
RIP
Posted: at 25-08-2015 12:56 PM (6 years ago) | Hero
Reply