100 Level Nursing Student Narrowly Escapes Death As Gas Explosion Rocks Maiduguri

at 11:38 AM, 19/07/2017 (1 year ago)
(11810 | Hero) (m)

A 100-level student, Stella Mekiah and her hostel mates narrowly escaped death on Tuesday after gas explosion rocked the Benue State School of Nursing and Midwifery in Makurdi. The principal of the school, Mrs Victoria Gusa, told newsmen that the incident occurred while Mekiah was cooking in her room in the hostel.
According to the principal, the explosion occurred at the third floor of the hostel and was caused by a faulty gas cylinder.
“Stella had returned from church and was preparing her lunch inside her hostel when the gas cooker exploded and burnt her severely. “Her hair was burnt, as well as her abdomen. She is at the intensive unit of the Federal Medical Centere, Apir. She lost a lot of fluid. Although she talks, it is incoherent,” the principal said.
The state Deputy Governor, Benson Abounu, who visited the school, frowned at the situation where students cooked inside the hostel, saying, “This is highly unacceptable.”
Abounu also condemned the absence of a central dining hall at the institution and instructed the Commissioner for Health, Mrs. Cecilia Ojabo, to address “this anomaly.”



gogoman at 11:46 AM, 19/07/2017 (1 year ago)
(31872 | Addicted Hero) (m)
mmmmm
Reply
tegonwa at 08:42 PM, 19/07/2017 (1 year ago)
(6493 | Gistmaniac) (m)
Gas Is So Dangerous But Much More Convinient To Use In The Kitchen Than Kerosine.If Gas Users Should Ensure That There Are No Leakages Or Tear In The Cylinder Or Pipe,there Won't Be These Horrible Gas Explosions Like This One That Has Sent This Poor Girl To The Hospital.
Reply
tegonwa at 08:43 PM, 19/07/2017 (1 year ago)
(6493 | Gistmaniac) (m)
Gas Is So Dangerous But Much More Convinient To Use In The Kitchen Than Kerosine.If Gas Users Should Ensure That There Are No Leakages Or Tear In The Cylinder Or Pipe,there Won't Be These Horrible Gas Explosions Like This One That Has Sent This Poor Girl To The Hospital.
Reply

LATEST COMMENTS

  1. GRANT03593 on: PHOTOS: Man Caught On CCTV Stealing Macbook From A Hotel In Ikeja, Lagos
    Mr charpness I sorry u as u big reach so u know know say cctv go the there ole.. ... 4 mins ago ago
  2. MistaPita on: Ebuka Uchendu, Others React As Black Panther Movie Gets Seven Oscar 2019 Nominations (See Full L
    ONE IS NOT Enough==... 7 mins ago ago
  3. GRANT03593 on: My Husband Is In Support Of Me Showing Off My Body - BBNaija's Gifty Says As She Twerks In A Jac
    U arand ur husband no get sence. U for nekad at ones fools!!!!!! ... 7 mins ago ago
  4. GRANT03593 on: Parents Thrown Into Mourning As Their Only Son Dies Mysteriously in Anambra (Photos)
    Rest in peace!!! ... 12 mins ago ago
  5. GRANT03593 on: Police Commissioner Emphasis- Report Any Officer Claiming To Be SARS Operative
    Useless people make the come the thief again hmmm harassment of citizens na only God go punish una..... 19 mins ago ago