Gov Sanwo-Olu Announces Plan To Increase Salary Of Lagos Civil Servants

Date: 04-10-2022 2:08 pm (1 month ago) | Author: Bayo Nelson
- at 4-10-2022 02:08 PM (1 month ago)
(m)

Gov Babajide Sanwo-Olu has disclosed that he has commenced the process to increase the salaries of civil servants in Lagos state. He assured them that it would be implemented in 2023. Sanwo-Olu made this known on Tuesday, October 4, while addressing the workers at the state secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja.

He said: "I have looked around and I know that as a country, there is pressure. I know that, as a country, there is a high level of inflation, but we are determined to cushion the effects on our workers and residents. "At our cabinet meeting, I instructed the head of service office and the ministry of staff training, and pensions to start work on how we are going to increase the entire salary of our public servants."

He continued: "We are capable of doing this. Lagos leads while others follow in Nigeria. In salary increment, we are leading again. "We are going to reflect the popular ‘Buga’ slogan in the payment of salaries. We are not going to wait for the Federal Government’s minimum wage increase. "We have commenced the process. I can assure that by early next year it will be ready for implementation. "We don’t want to wait for workers’ unions to hold us to ransom before we do the needful."
The governor also promised to pay all the outstanding backlog of pensions to workers by the end of October.

Sanwo-Olu said: "I want to reassure you that all the few outstanding backlogs of pensions will be sorted out this week and payment by the end of October. "We are the highest and best paying in pensions in Nigeria. "We are clearing the entire backlog of pensions; it’s a liability we met on ground."


Posted: at 4-10-2022 02:08 PM (1 month ago) | Hero
- gogoman at 4-10-2022 03:23 PM (1 month ago)
(m)
u not hear things like this from other states!!! all they keep doing is blaming FG as if their state don't even have any revenue  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Posted: at 4-10-2022 03:23 PM (1 month ago) | Grande Master
Reply
- Jiiitk4 at 4-10-2022 03:37 PM (1 month ago)
Online (m)
Quote from: gogoman on  4-10-2022 03:23 PM
u not hear things like this from other states!!! all they keep doing is blaming FG as if their state don't even have any revenue  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Mumu. Do you know why he is rushing to do that? To appease Lagosians for the Lekki massacre. He is feeling the heat now. As a sharp guy he is seeing the signs. The youths are OBIDIENTLY on the march to send him parking.
Posted: at 4-10-2022 03:37 PM (1 month ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- kp45 at 4-10-2022 03:53 PM (1 month ago)
(m)
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Posted: at 4-10-2022 03:53 PM (1 month ago) | Hero
Reply
- gogoman at 4-10-2022 03:54 PM (1 month ago)
(m)
Quote from: Jiiitk4 on  4-10-2022 03:37 PM
Mumu. Do you know why he is rushing to do that? To appease Lagosians for the Lekki massacre. He is feeling the heat now. As a sharp guy he is seeing the signs. The youths are OBIDIENTLY on the march to send him parking.


mumu, at least he is doing something!!! what is your state governor doing? Oh let's blame the boogeyman BU BU
Posted: at 4-10-2022 03:54 PM (1 month ago) | Grande Master
Reply
- Jiiitk4 at 4-10-2022 05:31 PM (1 month ago)
Online (m)
Quote from: gogoman on  4-10-2022 03:54 PM

mumu, at least he is doing something!!! what is your state governor doing? Oh let's blame the boogeyman BU BU
If not this ORGANISED RESENTMENT by the federal government of Nigeria orchestrated by the South West to kill seaports in the South East and South South Lagos state would have been barren.   It's nice seeing the fish brained South South people waking up.  They have the oceans and oils but  remain poor .Don't worry. Soon and very soon.....
Posted: at 4-10-2022 05:31 PM (1 month ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- gogoman at 4-10-2022 05:39 PM (1 month ago)
(m)
Quote from: Jiiitk4 on  4-10-2022 05:31 PM
If not this ORGANISED RESENTMENT by the federal government of Nigeria orchestrated by the South West to kill seaports in the South East and South South Lagos state would have been barren.   It's nice seeing the fish brained South South people waking up.  They have the oceans and oils but  remain poor .Don't worry. Soon and very soon.....


 ha ha ha how can a great state like Lagos be barren!! u need to do your findings any great capital city of the world must be linked by river or sea!! and Lagos has it all!!!! the ocean can never dry!!!!!!
Posted: at 4-10-2022 05:39 PM (1 month ago) | Grande Master
Reply
- SWORDMAN at 4-10-2022 06:03 PM (1 month ago)
(m)
ELECTION IS NEAR NAH AND YOU WANT USE THAT AS BRIBE TO CHANGE THE MINDSET OF THE PEOPLE NO WORRY WE ARE READY FOR UNA THIS TIME.... WICKED SOULS
Posted: at 4-10-2022 06:03 PM (1 month ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- kima77same at 4-10-2022 06:41 PM (1 month ago)
(m)
Politics! Why now?
Posted: at 4-10-2022 06:41 PM (1 month ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply