Imagin!!! Generator fumes kill man three days after moving to new apartment

at 04:05 AM, 10/05/2011 (7 years ago)
(5101 | Gistmaniac) (m)
Tragedy struck in the Akaba community in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, on Saturday when a middle-aged man inhaled generator fumes barely three days after moving into his new apartment.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the man, whose name was given as Funkebi Moses, was a native of Angalabiri community in the Sagbama Local Government Area of the state.
An eyewitness told NAN that Moses was choked to death after he had inhaled carbon monoxide from the generator he had put on the previous night in his kitchen.
The witness said the body was discovered after a neighbour had gone to Moses' apartment to collect a hammer he lent the deceased.
On getting to his apartment, it was learnt that after several knocks on the door, there was no response, and the generator was on. This prompted neighbours to peep through the window only to see Moses' lifeless body lying on the bed.
When the door was forced open, the generator was still running in the kitchen, while all the windows and door were locked.
Moses' landlord, Mr. Nelson Yongoi, confirmed the incident. It was learnt that Moses'remains had been deposited at the Federal Medical Centre mortuary in Yenagoa.
When contacted, the command's Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Eguaveon Emokpai, told NAN that he had not received any formal report on the incident.
The death of Moses brings to three the number of persons who have been killed by generator fumes in Yenagoa this year.

Published at: 04:05 AM, 10/05/2011 (7 years ago)
Author: Peter Izu
Problem with this article? Please email reporter[at]naijapals[dot]com or visit our contact page



uwa190 at 07:51 AM, 10/05/2011 (7 years ago)
(398 | Upcoming) (f)
this is so sad... na light wahala cause this one so
Reply
MissyBarbie at 03:22 PM, 10/05/2011 (7 years ago)
(14864 | Hero) (f)
 Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Reply
Larrykingomoj at 03:49 PM, 10/05/2011 (7 years ago)
(1690 | Gistmaniac) (m)
Na real light wahala, but he should have opened the windows since the generating plant was inside the house to have what we call cross ventilation and for the smokes to go out comfortably. Though, it is not advisable to put the plant inside the house while sleeping or while going to bed. It is a pity and may his soul find rest with the Lord.
Reply

LATEST COMMENTS

  1. kaposky on: #BBNaijaReunion: Miracle Told Me That Alex and Tobi Had Sex In Their Hotel Room - Nina
    WHICH KIND CROCODILE CRY BE THIS ONE BY ALEX, B4 UNA NO DEY FUCK, ABEG PARK WELL MAKE I SEE ROAD... 14 mins ago
  2. victorstic1 on: Over Excited Davido Mocks APC As His Uncle Adeleke is Declared Osun Governor (Video)
    Governor without School certificate some people no get shame sha... 52 mins ago
  3. WhaleDog on: Jungle Justice - Angry Mob Kill Suspected Kidnapper in Katsina
    Stop the barbarism ... 1 hr ago
  4. WhaleDog on: See The Amazing Life Transformation Of The Gala Seller That Feeds Prisoners With Gala Inside Tra
    Thank Jah for Ugochukwu ‘s life .In the terrestrial world there are certain basic instinct that pu... 1 hr ago
  5. mgiwa6 on: BREAKING: Court Declares Davido's Uncle, Ademola Adeleke as The Governor Of Osun State
    Like the rest of Nigeria, nothing will change for the people of Osun state.... 1 hr ago
x