Mother, 3 Children Die After Eating Meal At Relative’s Wedding In Imo

Published 4 years ago by: Mister Jay Wonder
at 30-07-2015 07:01AM (4 years ago)

(23989 | Addicted Hero) (m)


Umuoma Umuorji village, Mgbidi, in Oru West Local Government Area of Imo State, was thrown into mourning when four members of a family died in their sleep under mysterious circumstances on Tuesday night after a relative’s wedding.

The deceased were Mrs. Rachel Igbokwe and her three children: Daniel, Chioma and Baby Igbokwe.

Until their death, the deceased lived in Lagos, but only returned recently to attend the wedding of a close relative.

As at press time, it could not be ascertained what led to their deaths as members of the community were too shocked to talk about the incident.

When our correspondent visited the family of the deceased in Mgbidi late yesterday afternoon, father of the deceased, Mr. Igbokwe, was in a pensive mood to speak.

“As you see me now, I cannot compose myself to speak. Please, bear with me. Policemen have taken them to the mortuary. Anyone who loses somebody like these (pointing at the pictures of the deceased) in this manner cannot talk.”

However, his wife, Mrs. Georgiana Igbokwe, narrated how the incident occurred.

She said, “On Tuesday after finishing our supper around 6pm, I decided to visit my neighbour to collect cell phone charger. As I was coming back, I saw my daughter (Rachel) and she told me she was going to the same place I was returning from. Then I went to my room. By then my husband had slept.

“Shortly, I heard my daughter knocking on my door to ask for a charger. I told her it was late and that she should go and sleep.

“When I woke up around 10 pm, I discovered that the generator had been turned off. In the morning, I went to wake them up because one of my daughters would be going back to school that morning. But on knocking on their door, there was no response. We forced the window open and discovered that my daughter’s son, Daniel, was foaming and bleeding from the mouth, while his mother, Rachel, was covered with the mattress with which she slept.

“We had to force the door to their room open and tried in vain to wake his mother. We also entered the other room where my other children slept and discovered that it was the same situation.”

On whether it could be food poisoning, she expressed doubt, saying “We ate the same food from the same pot before we all slept. That same rice was what we ate this morning.”


For more scintillating and juicy stories, follow the official Naijapals accounts On Twitter - @Naijapals and Facebook - www.facebook.com/naijapals



Wysetots at 30-07-2015 07:54AM (4 years ago)
(8130 | Hero) (m)

R.I.P
Reply
Wysetots at 30-07-2015 07:54AM (4 years ago)
(8130 | Hero) (m)

R.I.P
Reply
beneno at 30-07-2015 09:05AM (4 years ago)
(25964 | Addicted Hero) (m)

RIP
Reply
ignis99 at 30-07-2015 09:10AM (4 years ago)
(2843 | Gistmaniac) (m)

RIP
Reply
climax_man at 30-07-2015 09:26AM (4 years ago)
(1266 | Gistmaniac) (m)

So sad..
Reply
edpete at 30-07-2015 10:50AM (4 years ago)
(1010 | Gistmaniac) (m)

soo sad
Reply
ngfineface at 30-07-2015 11:27AM (4 years ago)
(8976 | Hero) (f)

In a situation like this, I wish one can see God to confirm what actually happened. May their souls RIP, amen
Reply
viddycool at 30-07-2015 12:30PM (4 years ago)
(838 | Upcoming) (f)

Something extraordinary is happening in that home
Reply
Ernie1234 at 30-07-2015 12:48PM (4 years ago)
(25 | Newbie) (m)

We wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers. Rulers of darknes in high and low places. Nigerians......a Place of whizardry in the highest realm. RIP
Reply
PoliticxGuru at 30-07-2015 02:29PM (4 years ago)
(14192 | Hero) (m)

bad news
Reply
austinesnow at 30-07-2015 04:16PM (4 years ago)
(235 | Upcoming) (m)

Wicked world
Reply
echeeche at 30-07-2015 04:41PM (4 years ago)
(9431 | Hero) (m)

Chai and nawao oh
Reply
Oways at 30-07-2015 04:51PM (4 years ago)
(3881 | Gistmaniac) (m)

Pity
Reply
allenspike at 31-07-2015 01:51AM (4 years ago)
(3976 | Gistmaniac) (m)

Generator fumes might have caused it. Remember she woke up and the generator was turned off, which means the Gen was initially turned on. R.I.P
Reply
dareper at 31-07-2015 11:37AM (4 years ago)
(20571 | Addicted Hero) (m)

RIP. Too bad
Reply
elchymo at 10-08-2015 03:45PM (4 years ago)
(22529 | Addicted Hero) (m)

RIP
Reply
Ritabrenice at 18-08-2015 10:07AM (4 years ago)
(4557 | Gistmaniac) (f)

Rip
Reply
Fashoney at 18-08-2015 07:40PM (4 years ago)
(1761 | Gistmaniac) (m)

Evil cease nt to b happening dis days,God na ur hand I dey ooo
Reply
chealseafc at 18-08-2015 08:01PM (4 years ago)
(4429 | Gistmaniac) (m)

RIP to the dead.
Reply