BREAKING: How Infant & Three Others Die In A Gas Explosion In Ogun

Date: 12-05-2021 8:39 pm (1 month ago) | Author: onuigbo felicia
- at 12-05-2021 08:39 PM (1 month ago)
(f)

Three persons including an infant on Wednesday died in a gas explosion that occurred in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) gathered that the incident occurred around 3 p.m. at Oke-Egunya, along NTA Road in Abeokuta South Local Government Area.

According to a witness, the incident occurred when a technician was topping up gas of a faulty refrigerator at a residence in the area.

“In the process of topping up gas into the refrigerator, there was an attraction of fire from someone cooking with firewood and there came an explosion,” the witness said.

Confirming the incident, the Director of Fire Service in the state, Fatai Adefala, said after receiving the distress call, his men rushed to the scene.

According to him, ”upon getting to the scene, we discovered it was gas explosion”.

He confirmed three were burnt to death as they were caught up with the explosion.

“We received a distress call at 3:15 p.m. at Oke-Igbore. We learnt it was a spark of fire. On getting there, we discovered it was a gas explosion.

“What really happened was that they were cooking outside with fire and unfortunately the gas exploded.

Posted: at 12-05-2021 08:39 PM (1 month ago) | Hero
- GermoDon at 12-05-2021 08:58 PM (1 month ago)
(m)
Sad
Posted: at 12-05-2021 08:58 PM (1 month ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- gogoman at 13-05-2021 12:30 AM (1 month ago)
Online (m)
na wa oooo
Posted: at 13-05-2021 12:30 AM (1 month ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply