Ex-IMF chief Strauss-Kahn pleads not guilty

(m) at 7-06-2011 12:30AM (8 years ago)

(400 | Upcoming)

The former head of the International Monetary Fund, Dominique Strauss-Khan, has entered a plea of not guilty in a New York court to charges of attempted rape and sexual assault.

The 62-year-old Frenchman is accused of assaulting a maid at the Manhattan hotel where he was staying on 14 May.

The complainant's lawyer said outside court she "just wants justice".

Mr Strauss-Kahn's lawyer said there had been "no element of compulsion" in the incident between the two parties.

His next court date is set for 18 July.

The former finance chief - who faces up to 25 years in prison if found guilty - arrived at New York Supreme Court on Monday with his wife, the French television journalist Anne Sinclair.


1daful (f) at 7-06-2011 01:53AM
(2045 | Gistmaniac)

thanks for This information, i will try and spreed it in my own little way.

Reply
maryclaret (f) at 7-06-2011 05:04AM
(2195 | Gistmaniac)

Hmm.. guess we'll let the court decide their fate. At least it's a good thing that even big men like him can be charged before a court of law. No buying off in this one! Cheesy

Reply