Family Of Seven Found Dead In Lagos

Date: 05-05-2014 1:00 am (7 years ago) | Author: Oya nibe
[1] 2 3
- at 5-05-2014 01:00 AM (7 years ago)
(m)

A staff of Nigerian Breweries Plc, his wife and five of their children have been found dead in their residence by neighbours in Lagos.

The man identified as Etim Edet and members of his family were discovered days after they had died in their sleep on their beds at their home in Badigo area of Ijede in Ikorodu.


It was gathered that neighbours who did not see any member of the family for some days made attempts to find out what was wrong. After knocking for a long time without any response, they left wondering what must have happened to them.

However, as they went close to their apartment, they perceived some fowl smell and decided to inform the police.

It was gathered that police operatives who came to the scene broke the door to the entrance of their home only to discover their decomposing dead bodies on their beds.

Spokesperson to the State Police Command, DSP Ngozi Braide,  confirmed the incident.

She explained that on May 1, being workers day, about 4pm, there was a report at Ijede Police Station that a family of seven are suspected dead in their home in Ikorodu.

“Operatives moved in and Edet was allegedly found dead with his wife and five children on their beds at his residence at Bagido area of Ijede.

“No sign of violence was seen on their bodies. The deceased were suspected to have died from generator fumes. The decomposed corpses have been removed to Ikorodu General Hospital mortuary for autopsy.  The incident is under investigation at Ijede Division,” she said.


See more HOT News and GIST HERE

Posted: at 5-05-2014 01:00 AM (7 years ago) | Newbie
- kingcalors at 5-05-2014 07:41 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
Wahala dey ooo! POWER HOLDINGS, see how una dey HOLD peoples life to ransome?
Posted: at 5-05-2014 07:41 AM (7 years ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- odprince at 5-05-2014 08:12 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
WAHALA DEY?GOD BLESS THE DEAD
Posted: at 5-05-2014 08:12 AM (7 years ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- Larry28 at 5-05-2014 08:14 AM (7 years ago)
(f)
RIP
Posted: at 5-05-2014 08:14 AM (7 years ago) | Hero
Reply
- Aleksander at 5-05-2014 08:15 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
My God....
Posted: at 5-05-2014 08:15 AM (7 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- ngfineface at 5-05-2014 08:23 AM (7 years ago)
(f)
Which. Kin generator fumes? Abeg makedem find wetin kill them oo. Power holdings una see wetin una dey cos? God is watching you oo. May their souls rest in peace
Posted: at 5-05-2014 08:23 AM (7 years ago) | Hero
Reply
- dareper at 5-05-2014 08:23 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
Terrible, RIP
Posted: at 5-05-2014 08:23 AM (7 years ago) | Hero
Reply
- dickman2 at 5-05-2014 09:22 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Posted: at 5-05-2014 09:22 AM (7 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- gmarley at 5-05-2014 09:31 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
No single hour when this poster nor they announce death...the death rate in Nigeria is now more than the  birth rate what a country
Posted: at 5-05-2014 09:31 AM (7 years ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- angesco at 5-05-2014 09:39 AM (7 years ago)
(f)
We are FAILING big time in checking in on our NEIGHBOURS. In the PAST Nigerians  would check on their neighbours everytime of the day.

This is the type of  incident you read about in the western press. You read of people being found dead in their homes and on invesrigation it is found out the corpse had been there in front of the TV for close to 10 YEARS!

Is this what AFRICAN brotherhood and sisterhood is turning to. Not looking out for neighbours. Maybe if they had been found on time  - maybe just maybe they may have been found.

I do not understand why the childrens school did not raise any alarm that the  children (if of school age) had not turned up.

We can BLAME our eractic eletricity supply - BUT the BIGGEST failing is from those Nigerians who FAIL to learn that GENERATORS/PLANTS give out dangerous FUMES that KILL. Thousands have lost their lives from these machines.

PLEASE be careful.

May ALL those who died rest in peace.
Posted: at 5-05-2014 09:39 AM (7 years ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- angesco at 5-05-2014 09:41 AM (7 years ago)
(f)
Quote from: angesco on  5-05-2014 09:39 AM
We are FAILING big time in checking in on our NEIGHBOURS. In the PAST Nigerians  would check on their neighbours everytime of the day.

This is the type of  incident you read about in the western press. You read of people being found dead in their homes and on invesrigation it is found out the corpse had been there in front of the TV for close to 10 YEARS!

Is this what AFRICAN brotherhood and sisterhood is turning to. Not looking out for neighbours. Maybe if they had been found on time  - maybe just maybe they may have been found  ALIVE or even UNCONSCIOUS!

I do not understand why the childrens school did not raise any alarm that the  children (if of school age) had not turned up.

We can BLAME our eractic eletricity supply - BUT the BIGGEST failing is from those Nigerians who FAIL to learn that GENERATORS/PLANTS give out dangerous FUMES that KILL. Thousands have lost their lives from these machines.

PLEASE be careful.

May ALL those who died rest in peace.
Posted: at 5-05-2014 09:41 AM (7 years ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- dickman2 at 5-05-2014 09:48 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
even eating that dirty food call amala can kill all the family..maybe na that useless thing Yoruba call food kill them..AMALA DIRTY AND UGLY FOOD CAN KILL TOOO .. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Posted: at 5-05-2014 09:48 AM (7 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- dickman2 at 5-05-2014 09:49 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
GOD knows wetin them eat..
Posted: at 5-05-2014 09:49 AM (7 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- winace at 5-05-2014 09:53 AM (7 years ago)
(f)
Hmmmmmmmmmm may their souls rest in peace. Amen
Posted: at 5-05-2014 09:53 AM (7 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- paulohking at 5-05-2014 10:24 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
.
Posted: at 5-05-2014 10:24 AM (7 years ago) | Hero
Reply
- okonkwosangel at 5-05-2014 10:47 AM (7 years ago)
(f)
So sad,RIP
Posted: at 5-05-2014 10:47 AM (7 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- proly at 5-05-2014 11:19 AM (7 years ago)
(f)
omg......d whole family
Posted: at 5-05-2014 11:19 AM (7 years ago) | Hero
Reply
- Ythonna at 5-05-2014 11:34 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
If generator fumes is d cause all dis people living in very confined area will be dead, could be food poison.
Posted: at 5-05-2014 11:34 AM (7 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- Alphaj at 5-05-2014 11:41 AM (7 years ago)
(m)
dickman2 (31272)
Addicted Hero (m) | 1 hr ago

even eating that dirty food call amala can kill all the family..maybe na that useless thing Yoruba call food kill them..AMALA DIRTY AND UGLY FOOD CAN KILL TOOO ..      



You are very stupid and idiot to write this type of comments here, by the way! The name of the deceased was not a yoruba name
There is nothing amala or yoruba food has to do with their death, every tribe in Nigeria and African as whole has their traditional and local food. I don't even know which tribe a bastard like you belong to. Instead of you to send condolence message to the late families, u are sending a senseless message to criticised about other tribe food. U are a real son of bitch and bastard.
May almighty father console the family of those late people, to bear their lost.
Generator fumes has cause many untimely death and destroy many things in our  nation as whole, I don't know what our selfish government are doing about this light problem in Nigeria.
I have said it several time on my comments on this site, this is time for us to fight for our right and put things in order.
Our leaders are not ready to do anything  or find solutions to our problem, they were only think on how to loot our money for their own useful. Let's wake and come out to put an end to this tyrant and prodigal leaders.
Posted: at 5-05-2014 11:41 AM (7 years ago) | Newbie
Reply
- Giftous1 at 5-05-2014 12:20 PM (7 years ago)
(f)
So shocking...
Posted: at 5-05-2014 12:20 PM (7 years ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
[1] 2 3