19 Sure Signs That You Are At a Naija Party

Date: 29-08-2007 8:16 am (15 years ago) | Author: King Samuel O Dguy
[1] 2 3 4 ... 6
- at 29-08-2007 08:16 AM (15 years ago)
(m)
1. Almost everyone arrives at the party late - hence the reference, "African time".

2. You were given one invitation card, but you invite 20 other friends (who can also invite 2 or 3 of their own friends).

3. You call the attention of the people serving food by saying "Please we haven't eaten in this area o!"

4. Even when it was obvious that no alcohol was served, you still ask "Don't you have any alcohol?

5. At a kids party scheduled to start at 5pm and finishing at 12am, you arrive with kids (some of them already sleeping) at 11pm.

6. You go back to ask for more food and drinks.

7. You ask the caretaker of the hired hall to extend the party time by bribing him with money and drinks.

8. The food is served on a 'man know man' they tell you "the moi-moi don finish" despite the fact that a man next to you has 4 on his plate.

9. Most of the guys are frowning and cussing because fufu, semo, gira or eba wasn't served.

10. You hear, "Wetin dem dey wait for sef? I beg make dem bring the food make I comot jo!"

11. Towards the end of the party you see people going into the kitchen helping themselves to "take away" food and drinks.

12. More than two bouncers are at the door that leads to where the foods/drinks are kept.

13. You dance to "Obesere" or "Fela" music as if your life depended on it.

14. You ask the DJ to play a specially recorded cassette tape you brought with you.

15. You hear people talking, as if they are in a fight, about sports and politics.

16. The men are sitting in groups, instead of sitting with their women.

17. On the dance floor, you have women dancing alone or with women and men dancing alone or with men.

18. Most of the guys are hanging around outside, attending to "business" with cellular phones.

19. The hall empties immediately after food has been served.


Posted: at 29-08-2007 08:16 AM (15 years ago) | Gistmaniac
- Eshalicious at 29-08-2007 08:52 AM (15 years ago)
(f)
Hahahahas. So True To A Certain Extend.
Been There, Done That... *LOL*

*Cheers!*

Posted: at 29-08-2007 08:52 AM (15 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- myragonza at 29-08-2007 09:05 AM (15 years ago)
(f)
farisha babi!!!!!

Posted: at 29-08-2007 09:05 AM (15 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- myragonza at 29-08-2007 09:09 AM (15 years ago)
(f)
man....this is so damn true!!!!and i find it amusing when guys dance to fela's song....they will be jumping around and react as if they are hypnotised....still wondering why...as if they have been possessed....muahahahahaha....but all is so true....though i personally feel that nigerian guys prefer the alchohol drinks more to food....they will only tend to get hungry when the party is finishing hence no more food....been there done that!!! Grin Kiss

Posted: at 29-08-2007 09:09 AM (15 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- zubbiedan at 9-11-2007 06:08 AM (14 years ago)
(m)
My guy na true talk you talk Grin
But that's why it is Naija!!!!!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin
Posted: at 9-11-2007 06:08 AM (14 years ago) | Newbie
Reply
- myragonza at 10-11-2007 10:55 PM (14 years ago)
(f)
we do parties the Naija way......ain't no other parties gonna match the Naija Party.....

Posted: at 10-11-2007 10:55 PM (14 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- myragonza at 12-11-2007 11:17 AM (14 years ago)
(f)
....."after the show is the after party.....and the party is gonna be a Naija Party".....


*R Kelly Fiesta"

Posted: at 12-11-2007 11:17 AM (14 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- night_sky at 31-01-2008 08:13 PM (14 years ago)
(f)
lol...true
Posted: at 31-01-2008 08:13 PM (14 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- Vixenx at 1-02-2008 12:17 AM (14 years ago)
(f)
19 Sure Signs That You Are At a Naija Party...it's the loudest one on the block Tongue
Posted: at 1-02-2008 12:17 AM (14 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- Bukkee9109 at 1-02-2008 05:39 AM (14 years ago)
(m)
Haha....Jesus christ! These are soo funny but true. Naija 4 lyfe baby!!!
Posted: at 1-02-2008 05:39 AM (14 years ago) | Newbie
Reply
- myragonza at 1-02-2008 06:33 AM (14 years ago)
(f)
19 Sure Signs That You Are At a Naija Party......everybody wants to wear the brightest clothes....

Posted: at 1-02-2008 06:33 AM (14 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- fineboy at 3-02-2008 01:30 PM (14 years ago)
(m)
Quote from: dguy on 29-08-2007 08:16 AM
1. Almost everyone arrives at the party late - hence the reference, "African time".

2. You were given one invitation card, but you invite 20 other friends (who can also invite 2 or 3 of their own friends).

3. You call the attention of the people serving food by saying "Please we haven't eaten in this area o!"

4. Even when it was obvious that no alcohol was served, you still ask "Don't you have any alcohol?

5. At a kids party scheduled to start at 5pm and finishing at 12am, you arrive with kids (some of them already sleeping) at 11pm.

6. You go back to ask for more food and drinks.

7. You ask the caretaker of the hired hall to extend the party time by bribing him with money and drinks.

8. The food is served on a 'man know man' they tell you "the moi-moi don finish" despite the fact that a man next to you has 4 on his plate.

9. Most of the guys are frowning and cussing because fufu, semo, gira or eba wasn't served.

10. You hear, "Wetin dem dey wait for sef? I beg make dem bring the food make I comot jo!"

11. Towards the end of the party you see people going into the kitchen helping themselves to "take away" food and drinks.

12. More than two bouncers are at the door that leads to where the foods/drinks are kept.

13. You dance to "Obesere" or "Fela" music as if your life depended on it.

14. You ask the DJ to play a specially recorded cassette tape you brought with you.

15. You hear people talking, as if they are in a fight, about sports and politics.

16. The men are sitting in groups, instead of sitting with their women.

17. On the dance floor, you have women dancing alone or with women and men dancing alone or with men.

18. Most of the guys are hanging around outside, attending to "business" with cellular phones.

19. The hall empties immediately after food has been served.


prove your claims otherwise you are just making something out of nothing.

Posted: at 3-02-2008 01:30 PM (14 years ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- Abby at 4-02-2008 12:52 AM (14 years ago)
(f)
yes oooo, thats aw we do... n ve u the spraying part.... yoruba parties are not complete without it  Grin lol
Posted: at 4-02-2008 12:52 AM (14 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- Vixenx at 4-02-2008 03:50 AM (14 years ago)
(f)
Quote from: Abby on  4-02-2008 12:52 AM
yes oooo, thats aw we do... n ve u the spraying part.... yoruba parties are not complete without it  Grin lol

spraying?Huh?Huh??
Posted: at 4-02-2008 03:50 AM (14 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- myragonza at 4-02-2008 07:35 AM (14 years ago)
(f)
spraying money.....u know like throwing money on those who are dancing and stuffs....but they use the
term "spray money".......

Posted: at 4-02-2008 07:35 AM (14 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- babiistunner at 4-02-2008 02:05 PM (14 years ago)
(m)
u guys wat kind of diss is dis?please dnt embarass us here jor!!!!!pls were not like  dis o!
Posted: at 4-02-2008 02:05 PM (14 years ago) | Newbie
Reply
- Vixenx at 4-02-2008 02:25 PM (14 years ago)
(f)
Quote from: babiistunner on  4-02-2008 02:05 PM
u guys wat kind of diss is dis?please dnt embarass us here jor!!!!!pls were not like  dis o!

says who? Tongue Tongue Tongue
Posted: at 4-02-2008 02:25 PM (14 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- fineboy at 4-02-2008 11:22 PM (14 years ago)
(m)
Quote from: babiistunner on  4-02-2008 02:05 PM
u guys wat kind of diss is dis?please dnt embarass us here jor!!!!!pls were not like  dis o!

who be this one?

Posted: at 4-02-2008 11:22 PM (14 years ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- myragonza at 5-02-2008 05:43 AM (14 years ago)
(f)
na congo man be that.........

Posted: at 5-02-2008 05:43 AM (14 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- Abby at 5-02-2008 11:06 AM (14 years ago)
(f)
Quote from: nigerianvixen26 on  4-02-2008 03:50 AM
Quote from: Abby on  4-02-2008 12:52 AM
yes oooo, thats aw we do... n ve u the spraying part.... yoruba parties are not complete without it  Grin lol

spraying?Huh?Huh??
spraying money na, abi wot else do we spray in parties Undecided
Posted: at 5-02-2008 11:06 AM (14 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
[1] 2 3 4 ... 6

fire TRENDING GISTS fire

TODAY'S TOP
  1. You Can't Compel Me to Accept Polygamy - Yul Edochie's First Wife, May Finally Breaks Silence

  2. EXPOSED! How Footballer, Paul Pogba Paid A Witch Doctor £3.5m To Neutralize Mbappe

  3. Kenyan Govt Orders The Extradition of Hushpuppi's Colleague Imran Juma to US

  4. Video of Singer Peter Okoye Passionately Kissing a Female Fan As He Performs on Stage

  5. Chioma Spotted Wearing a 30BG Pendant Worth Millions of Naira to Show Support For Davido (VID)

  6. See Shocking Before & After Photos Of Ukrainian Soldier Recently Released From Russian Prison

  7. 80 Year Old Equatorial Guinea's President Teodoro Obiang Set to Run For Sixth Term

  8. 84 Year Old Man, Stephen Jack Caught Defiling 8 Year Old Girl in Ogun

  9. 23yr Old Widow Shares Video Of What She had to Go Through After Death of her Husband

  10. "Liposuction Boosted My Self-esteem, More Toasters & Suitors Are Coming My Way" – Zainab Bakare

  11. 13-yr-old Girl Rescued From A Hotel After Her ‘boyfriend’ Locked Her Up & segxwally Molested Her

  12. "We'll Shut Down Nigeria If The Strike Is Not Called Off" – NANS Tells Federal Govt, ASUU

  13. "I Miss Being On Stage While Making Eye Contact With People’s Girlfriends" – YBNL Star, Fireboy

  14. "I Share Sensual Videos On IG To Show Off The Curves I Got After Cosmetic Surgery" – Ashmusy


THIS WEEK
  1. Moment King Charles III Refused to Shake a Black Man's Hand At His Mother's Funeral (VID)

  2. VIDEO: Banky W Gets Into Trouble With Fans For Endorsing PDP’s Pre. Candidate, Atiku Abubakar

  3. BREAKING: Atiku, Obi, Tinubu, Others Make List As Presidential Candidates For 2023 Election

  4. Professor Dike Zainab Assaults Orderly, Charges Maids To Beat Her Up (VIDEO)

  5. Court Rules on PDP’s Suit Seeking Disqualification of Tinubu, Peter Obi Ahead of 2023 Elections

  6. I Wasn’t Happy & I Couldn’t Fake it - Actor Stan Nze Opens up on Current Marital Issues (VID)

  7. Tinubu, Shettima Remains As INEC Releases Final List Of Presidential Candidates And VPs

  8. Just In: Nollywood Actress Rita Dominic Delivers Twins

  9. See Reactions After Actress Halima Abubakar Confessed That She Slept With Apostle Suleman

  10. Transport Workers Protest As They Are Forced to Pay N500 For Tinubu’s Sticker in Lagos (Video)


TOP MEMBERS: