Creflo Dollar Arrested over Battery of Daughter (Page 3)

Date: 09-06-2012 5:27 am (11 years ago) | Author: Nigeria Newspapers
1 2 [3] 4 5
- dickman2 at 10-06-2012 01:51 AM (11 years ago)
(m)
i see..
Posted: at 10-06-2012 01:51 AM (11 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- dickman2 at 10-06-2012 01:52 AM (11 years ago)
(m)
i see..
Posted: at 10-06-2012 01:52 AM (11 years ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- papaprince at 10-06-2012 02:06 AM (11 years ago)
(m)
Abuse for kids my foot, if not what I went through in the hands of my parents, mostly my mother even though I am her favorite, I would have ended up being an ass today
Posted: at 10-06-2012 02:06 AM (11 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- smartiyke at 10-06-2012 02:25 AM (11 years ago)
(m)
Nigerians, before you start commenting on what you do not know, please get the facts, this is the so called man of God who told off members from his (friend) Long's church who joined his church (His Friend Eddie Long was a Pastor with a Megachurch and he had sex with two men when they were litttle boys and had to settle the case out of court - (by paying them money) - Dollar basically told the members of Long's church to go back to Long church and that they were not welcome in his church. The writer only wrote part of the story, below is the police transcript from 911 call (Call from the girl to police, in USA, all 911 calls are recorded).

Partial transcript of the 911 call:

911 Operator:  What's going on there?

Caller:  I just got in an altercation with my father.  He punched me and frightened me and choked me.  Um, it's not the first time it's happened.  I feel  threatened by being in this house.  Um, I don't know, I don't  know  what can be done but I'm scared, I'm shaking.  I don't know what to do.

911 Operator:  Do you have any injuries?  Do you need an ambulance?

Caller:  No, ma'am.

911 Operator:  What were you arguing about?

Caller: He asked me, um. He asked me…  It was a previous argument about me going to a party on Saturday.  And he brought up grades and I started crying.  So, I walked out of the room to the kitchen, to my sisters.  I was by myself, it was just me and my sisters in the kitchen.  And he followed behind me and asked me why I was crying?  And I said I do not want to talk to you.  And he went off.  That's when he went off.  He came and put his arm around my neck and choked me and bent me over the table.  And I pushed him off of me and he threw me on the ground and punched me in my face.  

Police say 911 calls from children complaining of abuse are common.

"Any time we respond we treat them exactly the same way.  We investigate the facts in the case and we have to react accordingly," said Rowan.

FOX 5's Doug Evans reports Dollar posted a $5,000 bond on Friday morning.  He can live with his daughter, but the judge said he is not to threaten her, harm her or even argue with her.

Reverend Dollar is the leader of the World Changers Ministries, a mega church headquartered in College Park that generates tens of millions of dollars each year.  The church has nearly 30,000 members, which includes sports and entertainment celebrities such as heavyweight boxing champ Evander Holyfield.

Dollar issued a statement on Friday saying, "As a father I love my children and I always have their best interest at heart at all times, and I would never use my hand to ever cause bodily harm to my children.  The facts in this case will be handled privately to further protect my children.  My family thanks you for your prayers and continued support."

Below is what Dollar also said about his friend,
"Long's friend Creflo Dollar (a pastor himself) recently had some words for those parishioners who haven't stuck by the scandal-plagued Long.

Dollar lectured, "When you have a wreck, you expect God to forgive you and everybody else. Don't let the preacher have a wreck now. Then you become self-righteous and judgmental, and you gon' leave him for his wreck when you done had more wrecks."


Dollar further added that Long was still "anointed to do what he was called to do" and ostracized fleeing New Life parishioners, saying, "I just can't believe that people would leave their preacher 'cause he had a wreck, instead of praying for him." He also claimed that Long "had insurance, and Jesus paid the premium." Jesus' checkbook probably begs to differ.

This kind of oversimplification helps create the climate for more Eddie Long-like scandals to happen again and again.

If Long's former followers are being "self-righteous" and "judgmental," they're only taking cues from the self-anointed bishop himself. It's not surprising that Dollar thinks the scandal involving his friend -- who was accused of using his power, wealth and influence to bed men introduced to him as boys -- is just a "wreck" and employed some twisted form of theology to excuse it. Both men espouse this kind of "prosperity preaching" that's essentially nothing more than Christianity for the capitalist. Never mind that it's completely antithetical to the life Jesus led on Earth."



Posted: at 10-06-2012 02:25 AM (11 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- adewoye1 at 10-06-2012 02:34 AM (11 years ago)
(m)
Do as I say not as I do.
Posted: at 10-06-2012 02:34 AM (11 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- jeromchis at 10-06-2012 03:17 AM (11 years ago)
(m)
My beloved brethren in naijapals,please i want to use this medium to ask for a favor regarding to the situation of our nation-please forgive me if i have wronged you  Cheesy Grin we all born this way-we never choose where to be born either black,white, Asia etc what really matters is how did you live your life,how did you impact good to the earth you found yourself inn....

The prayer request  for the Afflicted in Nigeria :   Psalm 91
King James Version (KJV)

91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.  please lets pray for God's mercy,no matter  what you believe in,please Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry   
Posted: at 10-06-2012 03:17 AM (11 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- jeromchis at 10-06-2012 04:13 AM (11 years ago)
(m)
   Thank you dear,a small contributions of interest in prayer counts and can turn our situation around for good-the only way one can be forgiven is by doing good things today no matter how your sins might look-lets make Nigeria a paradise,a dwelling place to live  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry       
Posted: at 10-06-2012 04:13 AM (11 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- aso4life1 at 10-06-2012 04:31 AM (11 years ago)
(m)
Quote from: GullahGeeche on  9-06-2012 12:18 PM
Let us wait and see what the full report says. Current news report state that this 15 year old child called the police on her father at 1:00 AM in the Morning. Claiming he put his hands around her throat after an argument.

They were arguing because she wanted to go to a party. WHERE IS A CHILD GOING AT MIDNIGHT to 1:00 AM IN THE MORNING? WHERE IS A 15 YEAR OLD CHILD GOING AT 8:00 PM AT NIGHT?  IF YOUR PARENT SAYS NO, THEN THE ANSWER IS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

If it was normal discipline I applaud him. More kids need to be disciplined (NOT ABUSED).  Many parents these days let their kids run wild without any guidance. If going to jail means saving your life I will gladly go. So many kids go to these parties and end up dead!

I am an American and contrary to popular belief not all Americans allow their kids to run wild.  I WOULD NEVER ALLOW MY 15 YEAR OLD OUT OF MY HOUSE AT THAT TIME OF NIGHT/MORNING! SHE AIN'T GROWNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!   Roll Eyes

The initial reports say that she only had a scratch on her neck.  If your Father was trying to kill you, you would have MORE than a scratch on your neck.  NOW, IF IT IS FOUND THAT HE APPLIED EXCESSIVE FORCE THEN OF COURSE HE WOULD BE WRONG. 


Hmmm, that girlmust have been in a bad group

Posted: at 10-06-2012 04:31 AM (11 years ago) | Hero
Reply
- Ecto at 10-06-2012 05:00 AM (11 years ago)
(m)
15 is Underage in any part of the world and the Man has a responsibilty to protect her from harm

I will go to jail for that too
Posted: at 10-06-2012 05:00 AM (11 years ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- isbigo at 10-06-2012 08:10 AM (11 years ago)
(m)
THIS IS RUBBISH,SO A FATHER CAN NOT CORRECT HIS CHILD IF HE/SHE WANNA GO ASTRAY.I TIRE FOR THIS AMERIKA AND THEIR WAHALA
Posted: at 10-06-2012 08:10 AM (11 years ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- ajanni at 10-06-2012 08:48 AM (11 years ago)
(m)
world wide abuse now, a bishop here too is found of slapping and boasting
Posted: at 10-06-2012 08:48 AM (11 years ago) | Grande Master
Reply
- ajanni at 10-06-2012 08:49 AM (11 years ago)
(m)
Quote from: Ecto on 10-06-2012 05:00 AM
15 is Underage in any part of the world and the Man has a responsibilty to protect her from harm

I will go to jail for that too

i  c
Posted: at 10-06-2012 08:49 AM (11 years ago) | Grande Master
Reply
- mezkaz18 at 10-06-2012 09:51 AM (11 years ago)
(m)
Quote from: smartiyke on 10-06-2012 02:25 AM
Nigerians, before you start commenting on what you do not know, please get the facts, this is the so called man of God who told off members from his (friend) Long's church who joined his church (His Friend Eddie Long was a Pastor with a Megachurch and he had sex with two men when they were litttle boys and had to settle the case out of court - (by paying them money) - Dollar basically told the members of Long's church to go back to Long church and that they were not welcome in his church. The writer only wrote part of the story, below is the police transcript from 911 call (Call from the girl to police, in USA, all 911 calls are recorded).

Partial transcript of the 911 call:

911 Operator:  What's going on there?

Caller:  I just got in an altercation with my father.  He punched me and frightened me and choked me.  Um, it's not the first time it's happened.  I feel  threatened by being in this house.  Um, I don't know, I don't  know  what can be done but I'm scared, I'm shaking.  I don't know what to do.

911 Operator:  Do you have any injuries?  Do you need an ambulance?

Caller:  No, ma'am.

911 Operator:  What were you arguing about?

Caller: He asked me, um. He asked me…  It was a previous argument about me going to a party on Saturday.  And he brought up grades and I started crying.  So, I walked out of the room to the kitchen, to my sisters.  I was by myself, it was just me and my sisters in the kitchen.  And he followed behind me and asked me why I was crying?  And I said I do not want to talk to you.  And he went off.  That's when he went off.  He came and put his arm around my neck and choked me and bent me over the table.  And I pushed him off of me and he threw me on the ground and punched me in my face.  

Police say 911 calls from children complaining of abuse are common.

"Any time we respond we treat them exactly the same way.  We investigate the facts in the case and we have to react accordingly," said Rowan.

FOX 5's Doug Evans reports Dollar posted a $5,000 bond on Friday morning.  He can live with his daughter, but the judge said he is not to threaten her, harm her or even argue with her.

Reverend Dollar is the leader of the World Changers Ministries, a mega church headquartered in College Park that generates tens of millions of dollars each year.  The church has nearly 30,000 members, which includes sports and entertainment celebrities such as heavyweight boxing champ Evander Holyfield.

Dollar issued a statement on Friday saying, "As a father I love my children and I always have their best interest at heart at all times, and I would never use my hand to ever cause bodily harm to my children.  The facts in this case will be handled privately to further protect my children.  My family thanks you for your prayers and continued support."

Below is what Dollar also said about his friend,
"Long's friend Creflo Dollar (a pastor himself) recently had some words for those parishioners who haven't stuck by the scandal-plagued Long.

Dollar lectured, "When you have a wreck, you expect God to forgive you and everybody else. Don't let the preacher have a wreck now. Then you become self-righteous and judgmental, and you gon' leave him for his wreck when you done had more wrecks."


Dollar further added that Long was still "anointed to do what he was called to do" and ostracized fleeing New Life parishioners, saying, "I just can't believe that people would leave their preacher 'cause he had a wreck, instead of praying for him." He also claimed that Long "had insurance, and Jesus paid the premium." Jesus' checkbook probably begs to differ.

This kind of oversimplification helps create the climate for more Eddie Long-like scandals to happen again and again.

If Long's former followers are being "self-righteous" and "judgmental," they're only taking cues from the self-anointed bishop himself. It's not surprising that Dollar thinks the scandal involving his friend -- who was accused of using his power, wealth and influence to bed men introduced to him as boys -- is just a "wreck" and employed some twisted form of theology to excuse it. Both men espouse this kind of "prosperity preaching" that's essentially nothing more than Christianity for the capitalist. Never mind that it's completely antithetical to the life Jesus led on Earth."




Posted: at 10-06-2012 09:51 AM (11 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- moriztuos at 10-06-2012 10:27 AM (11 years ago)
(m)
Aite
Posted: at 10-06-2012 10:27 AM (11 years ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- CammyWhite at 10-06-2012 10:41 AM (11 years ago)
(f)
Quote
They were arguing because she wanted to go to a party. WHERE IS A CHILD GOING AT MIDNIGHT to 1:00 AM IN THE MORNING? WHERE IS A 15 YEAR OLD CHILD GOING AT 8:00 PM AT NIGHT?

You are assuming that she was meaning to go to a party then and there. In light of the transcript above, that may not be the case.
Posted: at 10-06-2012 10:41 AM (11 years ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- steveoneal at 10-06-2012 11:20 AM (11 years ago)
(m)
Quote from: GullahGeeche on  9-06-2012 12:18 PM
Let us wait and see what the full report says. Current news report state that this 15 year old child called the police on her father at 1:00 AM in the Morning. Claiming he put his hands around her throat after an argument.

They were arguing because she wanted to go to a party. WHERE IS A CHILD GOING AT MIDNIGHT to 1:00 AM IN THE MORNING? WHERE IS A 15 YEAR OLD CHILD GOING AT 8:00 PM AT NIGHT?  IF YOUR PARENT SAYS NO, THEN THE ANSWER IS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

If it was normal discipline I applaud him. More kids need to be disciplined (NOT ABUSED).  Many parents these days let their kids run wild without any guidance. If going to jail means saving your life I will gladly go. So many kids go to these parties and end up dead!

I am an American and contrary to popular belief not all Americans allow their kids to run wild.  I WOULD NEVER ALLOW MY 15 YEAR OLD OUT OF MY HOUSE AT THAT TIME OF NIGHT/MORNING! SHE AIN'T GROWNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!   Roll Eyes

The initial reports say that she only had a scratch on her neck.  If your Father was trying to kill you, you would have MORE than a scratch on your neck.  NOW, IF IT IS FOUND THAT HE APPLIED EXCESSIVE FORCE THEN OF COURSE HE WOULD BE WRONG. 

YOU ARE 100 PERCENT RIGHT; MOST WESTERN WORLD RULES PREVENT THE PARENTS FROM  BEING ABLE TO DISCIPLINE THEIR KIDS;THOUGH IF NOT RESTRICTED SOME PARENTS WOULD USE THE AVENUE TO ABUSE THEIR KIDS;;; BUT THE PAINS OF THESE STRICT RULES ARE MORE THAN THE GAINS; PARENTS IN ENGLAND  ONCE MARCHED TO THE OFFICE OF ONE MP AFTER THE LONDON RIOT; PROTESTING THAT; THAT IS THE OUTCOME OF THEIR RULES THAT HAVE PREVENTED THEM IS GIVING THEIR KIDS STRICT UPBRINGING;;;THATS WHAT THE WESTERN WORLD HAS EVOLVED INTO;;;THOUGH THERE ARE WILD KIDS IN THE STATES ; I VE SEEN SOME ; TO BE PRECISE; BUT NOT IN ALL HOMES;;; AND ILL RATHER GO TO JAIL THAN LETTING MY KIDS ROT AWAY  OR LOSE THEIR LIVES;THANK GOD I AM AN AFRICAN; IF MY KID DO SUCH SHIT WITH ME; ILL TAKE THEM TO MY COUNTRY WHERE WE HOLD RESPECT; DISCIPLINE; AND OBEDIENCE IN HIGH ESTEEM AND DUMP THEM THERE TO HAVE AT LEAST GOOD MORAL VALUES BEFORE BECOMING DRY FISH;; PEACE
Posted: at 10-06-2012 11:20 AM (11 years ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- Dienedal at 10-06-2012 12:13 PM (11 years ago)
(m)
I guess this was a normal heated argument b/w father and daughter dat was exaggerated by oyibo[color=brown][/color]
Posted: at 10-06-2012 12:13 PM (11 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- Neglito at 10-06-2012 01:10 PM (11 years ago)
(m)
Why should they arrest a Father trying to protect his daughter??. If he had allowed her to go out and something bad happen they'll turn around and accuse him of negligence.
Posted: at 10-06-2012 01:10 PM (11 years ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- emnoeasy at 10-06-2012 01:37 PM (11 years ago)
(m)
Quote from: BendelArmedRobb on  9-06-2012 10:41 PM
Mr painter kelly hansome don turn to PAINTER 4 Owerri IMO state .Kelechukwu clap 4 ur self I SAY NO BE UNA FAULF YOU ARE JUST jobless, nonsense But do you yeah,and keep missing YAKUBU.......walk down the road and go hug TRANSFORMER...go boil stone ,its'll cure your sickness , MAKE UNA COME HELP ME SEE WHICH KIND STRONG HEAD PIKIN UNA BE HIA KPOMO UNA NO CHOP,FISH UNA NO CHOP,GOAT UNA CHOP    UNA SAY UNA WAN BEEF..........una too much!!! coffee wey I dey drink for hia comot for my nose as I read all una comment.    JOBLESS PEOPLE
bros na beg i dey beg you stop dey mess kelly hansome  up, na my guy bi dat, MI na idiot,
Posted: at 10-06-2012 01:37 PM (11 years ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- cocoeni at 10-06-2012 02:17 PM (11 years ago)
(f)
abroad don spoil many children, na God person  dey pray for
Posted: at 10-06-2012 02:17 PM (11 years ago) | Hero
Reply
1 2 [3] 4 5