TRAGEDY! Woman, Her Three (3) Children And A Neighbour Burnt To Death In Lagos

Published 6 years ago by: franel
at 11:45 AM, 15/08/2013 (6 years ago)

(9960 | Hero) (m)

«§» 15 August 2013

Tragedy struck in the early hours of yesterday at Shagari Estate, Mosan in Alimosho Local Government Area of Lagos State when a woman, her three children and a neighbour were burnt to death. Sources stated that the fire started at about 1.15am in a thre- bedroom flat located on 9 CH Street in the estate.



Eyewitnesses said neighbours were alerted to the incident by the shout of ‘fire’ by one of the victims identified simply as Aunty Philo, but before they could rush to the flat, the fire had reportedly spread to the entire building, in the process of which the roof fell on Philo, burning her beyond recognition.

Efforts by youths in the area to safe the situation reportedly failed . An eyewitness who spoke on condition of anonymity said that “ we saw aunty Philo trying to force the burglary open but she could not. At that time, we tried to break the wall to rescue her when all of a sudden the roof fell on her.

“ When we eventually succeeded in pulling down the burglary, we saw roasted members of the family on the ground. We could not do any thing again but had to leave because of thick smoke”.

Identities of the victims were given as Mrs Anwuzia, said to be in her fifties, Ekene (16), Emeka (7) and Nwike (30). The mother of three whose husband was said to be away, reportedly returned from a church programme in Ghana the previous day . Her husband, a Pastor, was said to have traveled to Aba,Imo state for an undisclosed assignment .

Fire Service men were said to have arrived the scene later and succeeded in putting out the fire. But by then, the harm had been done. When contacted, the Director, Lagos State Fire Service, Mr Rasaq Fadipe confirmed the death of five persons. He explained that news of the incident was received at about 1.39am

“ We had to mobilise a truck of 10,000 water capacity from Ikotun to the scene . On reaching there the fire was still on. Because of the magnitude, we had to mobilise another truck from Agege with another 10,000 litres to compliment the first one, before the fire was contained.

Unfortunately, we saw the charred remains of the victims.

Problem with this article? Please contact us



winace at 12:09 PM, 15/08/2013 (6 years ago)
(30152 | Addicted Hero) (f)

Hmmmm may their souls rest in peace
Reply
Solidstonez at 07:13 AM, 4/12/2013 (6 years ago)
(37017 | Addicted Hero) (f)

O.M.G

Reply
Solidstonez at 07:13 AM, 4/12/2013 (6 years ago)
(37017 | Addicted Hero) (f)

Sad

Reply
ajanni at 08:36 AM, 4/12/2013 (6 years ago)
(95400 | Grande Master) (m)

too bad
rest in peace
Reply
ThoRam at 11:15 AM, 4/12/2013 (6 years ago)
(2645 | Gistmaniac) (m)

Shocking story
 
Reply
PoliticxGuru at 08:32 AM, 25/08/2015 (4 years ago)
(14192 | Hero) (m)

So sad
Reply

LATEST COMMENTS

  1. tyomon on: Nigerian Man Reveals How Google Map Almost Destroyed His Marriage
    which kind wife be that? very unhealthy marriage ... 20 mins ago
  2. tyomon on: 50yr Old Man Caught Right on Top a 9yr Old Girl in an Uncompleted Building in Delta (Photos)
    This latest trend in my dear country is worrisome, parents please stop sending your children alone o... 26 mins ago
  3. smart61 on: Confusion On The Internet As Photos Of Davido And Chioma’s Traditional Marriage Surfaces
    [quote author=kacylee link=topic=455159.msg5618906#msg5618906 date=1582003098]looks so real but na p... 43 mins ago
  4. widowsson on: WONDERFUL! Secondary School Boy in Aba Invents Generator That Works Without Fuel (Photos)
    [quote author=Haso112 link=topic=455146.msg5618946#msg5618946 date=1582012084]YOU PEOPLE'S LEVE... 49 mins ago
  5. smart61 on: Online User Shares Photos Of Nigerian Man, Ogubie John Who Died In His Room In Indonesia
    Perhaps, he was on drugs and slept but failed to wake up... 51 mins ago