Why I Can’t Pay Salaries And Sustain Benue – Governor Ortom

Date: 29-06-2022 2:21 pm (1 month ago) | Author: Bayo Nelson
- at 29-06-2022 02:21 PM (1 month ago)
(m)

Samuel Ortom, the Governor of Benue State has revealed why he cannot pay salaries and sustain the state. Ortom, who appeared on Arise TV on Wednesday morning, said he could not pay salaries and sustain Benue because of the Federal Government. According to him, the Federal Government has refused to support him in getting a loan from the bank to offset the arrears of salaries in Benue.

Ortom said, “It is very simple, this is the blackmail of the federal government against me who is speaking the truth against the injustices that have been perpetrated against my state and against other parts of Nigeria.

“Go and ask them what they did in other states, did they not support the states in paying salaries. “Just two weeks ago, I applied to collect a loan not from the federal government from the bank to offset the arrears of salaries that are inherited over 70 billion naira, the federal government rejected it because I refused to join them in the APC.

“If they had given me that money, I would have cleared it and then nobody would have been talking about issues of arrears of salaries. I have been paying salaries since 2018, when the stakeholders met and said I should pay and what is left is the arrears of salaries. “And the federal government has refused to support me, they frustrate me. I have tried to borrow money to pay them but they said no.”


Posted: at 29-06-2022 02:21 PM (1 month ago) | Hero
- Dopybadass at 29-06-2022 02:33 PM (1 month ago)
(m)
Then use the state Treasury funds to settle them people's bills for now,most of them have family they need to Carter for.... useless animal country
Posted: at 29-06-2022 02:33 PM (1 month ago) | Gistmaniac
Reply
- gogoman at 29-06-2022 03:44 PM (1 month ago)
Online (m)
of course, blaming Buhari will always give u joy.... silly governor.. common salary u no fit pay Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Posted: at 29-06-2022 03:44 PM (1 month ago) | Addicted Hero
Reply
- Kidfreshfunmi at 29-06-2022 07:17 PM (1 month ago)
(m)
Quote from: Dopybadass on 29-06-2022 02:33 PM
Then use the state Treasury funds to settle them people's bills for now,most of them have family they need to Carter for.... useless animal country
There musn't have been any money in the "treasury", is why he probably had to approach "loans".  Wink
Posted: at 29-06-2022 07:17 PM (1 month ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- Baye77 at 30-06-2022 06:16 AM (1 month ago)
(m)
One of the biggest mistakes Nigerians make almost every time is that they focus too much attention and "negative energy" into who becomes the president, thereby giving almost a free ride to every dick, Jack and Harry to win elections in state levels. Now, a governor just said on a national TV that he can't pay salaries. One that can't pay salaries do you think there's even talk of doing projects??? Yet he collects hundreds of millions every month from the FG as "security vote", but "security" is still the responsibility of the FG, and he uses FG police. As usual, he'll throw some blames around and fools will believe him. Okay na.
Posted: at 30-06-2022 06:16 AM (1 month ago) | Hero
Reply
- sarki007 at 30-06-2022 10:16 AM (1 month ago)
(f)
Quote from: Baye77 on 30-06-2022 06:16 AM
One of the biggest mistakes Nigerians make almost every time is that they focus too much attention and "negative energy" into who becomes the president, thereby giving almost a free ride to every dick, Jack and Harry to win elections in state levels. Now, a governor just said on a national TV that he can't pay salaries. One that can't pay salaries do you think there's even talk of doing projects??? Yet he collects hundreds of millions every month from the FG as "security vote", but "security" is still the responsibility of the FG, and he uses FG police. As usual, he'll throw some blames around and fools will believe him. Okay na.
THANKS FOR ENLIGHTNEING THE FOOLS THAT ALWAYS BELIEVE THIS JOKER OF A GOVERNOR, AT LEAST HE'S NOT BLAMING FULANI BADITS THIS TIME AROUND. BUT ALWAYS THROWING BLAMES NEVER ANY CREDIBLE ACHIEVEMENT TO HIS PEOPLE. IS HE SAYING HE CAN'T EVEN GENERATE INCOME INTERNALLY JUST TO PAY SALARIES, NOT TO TALK OF PROJECT, KAI NAWA. SIMPLE FACT IS, WHY SHOULD FG GUARANTY SUCH LOANS IT HAS NO CONTROL OVER AND CANNOT AUDIT?
Posted: at 30-06-2022 10:16 AM (1 month ago) | Upcoming
Reply
- Baye77 at 30-06-2022 08:55 PM (1 month ago)
(m)
Quote from: sarki007 on 30-06-2022 10:16 AM
THANKS FOR ENLIGHTNEING THE FOOLS THAT ALWAYS BELIEVE THIS JOKER OF A GOVERNOR, AT LEAST HE'S NOT BLAMING FULANI BADITS THIS TIME AROUND. BUT ALWAYS THROWING BLAMES NEVER ANY CREDIBLE ACHIEVEMENT TO HIS PEOPLE. IS HE SAYING HE CAN'T EVEN GENERATE INCOME INTERNALLY JUST TO PAY SALARIES, NOT TO TALK OF PROJECT, KAI NAWA. SIMPLE FACT IS, WHY SHOULD FG GUARANTY SUCH LOANS IT HAS NO CONTROL OVER AND CANNOT AUDIT?
Oh oh I don't know you know that man too O Grin. He's blaming bandits on a daily basis for his failure. Well only fools will believe him though. Go to Borno that is battling boko haram and other criminal elements and see what the governor is doing.
Posted: at 30-06-2022 08:55 PM (1 month ago) | Hero
Reply